As our Northern brothers brace for Joaquin, 10 Jax Pax + 1 envoy from Charlotte converged in the usual sticky gloom. This morning we borrowed from our Crossfit brethren’s bag of tricks for a series of AMRAP (As Many Rounds as Possible within time cap) and Tabata (8 rounds of 20 sec on/10 sec off) sets.
15 x Don Quixote
20 x SSH
20 x LBAC fwd/bkwd
20 x Goofballs
Mosey around perimeter, high knees, buttkicks, karaokes
Form up on field baseline
1. AMRAP – Cardio (6:00)
20 x Burpee broad jump
20 x Groiners
20 x Mountain Climbers
Bojangles Biscuit (run perimeter lap, jog long sides and sprint short sides)
2. Tabata – Upper Body (4:00)
3. AMRAP – Core (6:00) (mosey to playground)
10 x Toasty Bars (h/t to Heisenberg for the new name) or Knees to Chest
10 x Jackknife
10 x Inverted swing tuck crunches
20 x Freddie Mercury
4. Tabata – Lower Body (4:00)
Scissor jump lunges
5. AMRAP – Upper Body (6:00)
10 x Pullups (or to failure)
10 x Burpees
10 x Wide Merkins
This workout left YHC panting with shaky arms and legs, so it must have been a good one. Minimal mumblechatter, so the Pax must have either not found it challenging enough or were too busy trying to breathe to talk back. Great work by all, and special T-Claps to Snuffy for his consistency and perseverance. It didn’t go unnoticed, and you inspire us.
- BB’s coworker came down with strep the other day, pray for quick recovery and continued health for BB
- Continue praying for Pastor Leon and his church in the Eastside neighborhood downtown following the break-in to their community center last week and financial struggles. For more info or if you feel led to give to support the ministry, visit their GoFundMe page.
YHC challenged the Pax about Q’s taking full ownership of the Circle of Trust part of their workouts and resisting the easy way out, delegating the task to another brother. Full post to follow.