Ever wonder how those Hollywood actors get in such good shape? They are all members of F3! Here’s my version of the “Spartacus” Workout. We performed the workout as a circuit, doing one set of each exercise in succession. Each Station lasted 60 seconds. We did max reps during the 60 seconds… mumble chatter was not held to a minimum as grumblings came from the Pax about legs, the Gate River Run, etc… We took 15-30 seconds to transition and once we finished all 10 exercises, we took a lap and rested for a minute or two and you guessed it… we attempted to repeat the circuit… we were unable to make it through all 10 exercises the 2nd time to Pax were given voluntary homework should they choose to accept. Hearing no response to the Homework Slack post, I’m thinking we didn’t have any takers! We will repeat this workout with less demonstration & may opt to cut back on some of the warm up, etc… so we can try to knock out 3 circuits.
Special Guest was “Major Tom” from somewhere in Charlotte! All 3 Charlotte F3’s were tagged here… someone needs to claim Major Tom.
- Side Straddle Hops – 30 IC
- Toy Solider – 20 IC
- Little Baby Arm Circles – Forward / Backwards / Big Backwards Fingers Down / Forward Big – 20 count of each IC
- LBC’s – 20 IC
- Runners – One Large Loop
Pax had weights ranging from 10 to 20 lbs… some regretted their choice of weight as the workout progressed! Notes left below in case anyone cares to repeat at home on their own or if they want to Q this one themselves.
- Station 1:
- Goblet Squat – Hold close to chest w both hands cupping the dumbbell, squat as deep as possible, elbows should press the inside of your knees when you squat
- 2nd time around – Sumo Squat – Grab dumbbell head on each side, hold the weight at arms length in front of waist. Arch lower back for the entire movement. Feet about twice shoulder width apart w toes turned out slightly.
- Station 2:
- Mountain Climber – You know this
- 2nd time around – Mountain Climber w hands on bench
- Station 3:
- Single Arm Dumbbell Swing – Grab dumbbell w an over hand grip & hold in front of waist, bend hips / knees to about 45, swing db btwn legs. Keep arm straight the entire time, thrust hips forward & straighten knees, swing db to chest level. Keep back arched, arm swings up from momentum, feet shoulder width. Change hands at 30 seconds.
- Station 4:
- T-Merkin – W Db’s in hand, feet hip width apart, db’s should be slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Do a merkin, when you push up rotate the db in a fluid motion, as you rotate body, pivot your toes & lower heel to floor, your arm should form a “T”.
- Station 5:
- Split Jump – Keep torso as upright as you can. Lower your body into a split squat, jump w enough force to get both feet off the ground! While in the air, scissor kick your legs. Repeat alternating legs.
- Station 6:
- Dumbbell Row – Feet shoulder width apart, bend at hips & knees, lower torso until it’s almost parallel to the floor. Palms facing forward. Lower back should be naturally arched. Let db’s hang at arms length. Squeeze shoulder blades together, keep torso still and pull elbows up.
- 2nd time around – Single Leg Neutral Grip Dumbbell Row – Same thing but raise one leg, change at 30 seconds, hands should be in neutral position which means your palms face each other. Tuck elbows close to your side & keep that leg elevated as you row.
- Station 7:
- Dumbbell Side Lunge & Touch – Hold db’s next to side, as you lower your body into a lunge, bend forward at the hips & touch the db’s to the floor (if you can, if not, go as low as you can while keeping your back naturally arched). Don’t let your feet come off the ground. Keep your head & chest up… don’t slump forward.
- Station 8:
- Merkin Row – Merkin position w db’s slightly wider than shoulder width, your torso shouldn’t rotate. Lower your body to the floor, pause then push up. Once you are up, row the db to your chest… alternate.
- Station 9:
- Dumbbell Lunge & Rotation – Grab db & hold at ends just below your chin, step forward into a lunge, rotate your upper body toward the same side as the leg you are using to step forward. Keep your abs tight. If you are stepping w your right leg, rotate right.
- Station 10:
- Dumbbell Push Press – Stand tall & straight, hold db’s next to shoulders w elbows bent, bend your knees & explosively push up w your legs are you press the db’s over head.
- Intended to take a Light Mosey around the inner lap but we were out of time!
- Stretch OYO!
Prayers & Announcements:
- Continued prayers for Cousin Eddie, Seatdown, OTC, Bing, Toxic, a few special requests were made that the Sky Q recalls but regrettably, I don’t
- May 20 SC Mud Run
- Gate RR – meet at 630 am by the Veterans Memorial wall on the West side of the stadium
- Dec – Terrain Obstacle Course at the Equestrian Center