YHC was got lucky this morning. Not only was being the subject of an April Fool’s Day joke averted, but 9 PAX beat the fartsack to field a full baseball team and celebrate opening weekend of the baseball season. YHC is a big fan of the game, but admits that being there live is much better than watching it on the tube. Luckily, the members of the JAX PAX came out to play ball! Disclaimer: Terminology used for this beat down was intended solely as baseball references. Any and all other references inferred were strictly coincidental… or was it?
- SSH x 15
- Cotton Pickers x15
- Don Quixote x15
- Toy Soldier x 15
- LBAC forward/backwards x10
- BAC backwards/forwards x10
- Lunges with glove to ground (as if fielding a ground ball) x 10 each leg
- Sumo squats with glove and throwing ball on the up x20
F3 Baseball: PAX counted off by 3’s and headed to the appropriate base. Each base had an exercise with reps to be completed as a team. Once completed team proceeded to the next base by various modes of transportation. PAX continued around the bases AMRAP style x 15 minutes. Teams scored a “run” once returning to their “home base”.
- First Base: 200 merkins; lunge to Second Base
- Second Base: 200 wonder bra in air chair; bear crawl to Third Base
- Third Base: 200 LBC’s; sprint to Home Plate
- Home Plate: 200 pickle pounders; crab walk to First Base
HIIT Baseball Diamond: One PAX member mentioned on Slack the need to do more HIIT training. YHC was happy to oblige:
- 10 burpees at home -> sprint to 1st Base-> sumo squats x 20, merkins x 20 -> jog back to home, repeat but sprint to 2nd base, then 3rd Last sprint is all away around diamond to home.
Field of Dreams: PAX return to original base from F3 Baseball. Each PAX performs prescribed exercises until relieved. Cycle continues until each team reaches each base once.
- First Base: AMRAP squat jumps, once relieved run to Cone 2
- Second Base: AMRAP Makhtar N’Diayes, once relieved run to Cone 3
- Third Base: AMRAP flutter kicks, once relieved run to Cone 4
- Home Plate: 10 Burpees then run to cone 1 to relieve PAX there
The Triple: It has been said that a triple is the most exciting play in baseball, so….
- Field Team PAX: PAX at Third Base, Shortstop, and Center Field positions.
- At-Bat PAX at plate with baseball bat
- At-bat PAX swings bat and sprints around bases attempting to get to Third Base before throw
- At swing of bat, SS sprints to designated spot in outfield, CF sprints to ball at designated spot in outfield
- CF throws to SS who throws to Third Baseman in attempt to beat At Bat PAX to the base
- Rest of PAX holding air-chair on the bench
- Rotate until all PAX plays each position
This week, YHC has been performing several interviews for an open position within his department. My interviews are fairly extensive and include a peer interview. Each applicant this week commented on sense of YHC having a “really good team” in the department. This made YHC more appreciative of his team and thankful for what he has. Sometimes in life we work so hard for varying projects, deadlines, etc., that we may forget to be thankful for what we already have. This week YHC asked the PAX to remember and be thankful for all our blessings that we already have and are right before us.
BOM: Announcements/Prayer Requests
- Prayers for those members of the F3 JAX PAX who on IR or going through personal struggles
- Prayers for BigBird as he ends one job and starts another
- Prayers for PUD’s assistant who required a second surgery, as well as for PUD as he will be without an assistant for an extended period of time
- Lord’s Prayer