With all the craziness that this week in Jacksonville does for golf YHC decided to have his own TPC (The PYRO Championship) … not to be confused with The Players. Sorry no $10.5 million purse here. Faster, Better, Stronger is the prize we’re all after.
Conditions: Nice & Green at our new home in Memorial Park. If I only had a bucket of balls and my 7 Iron. But evidently an FNG heard otherwise and brought his own yoga mat (that’s gotta be an F3 first) maybe to prevent those dreaded ass scabs.
21 pax including 3 FNGs (welcome Aladdin, Wrangler and Brown Bag) circled up for the disclaimer and warm up.
- Burpee x 10 OYO
- SSH x 15 IC
- Merkin x 10 IC
- Don Quixote x 15 IC
- Merkin Plank Jack x 15 IC
- Reacher x 15 IC
- Alternating Shoulder Tap Merkins x 10 IC
- Toy Soldier x 15 IC
- Tempo Merkin x 10 IC
- Burpee x 10 OYO (courtesy of Hollywood’s late arrival)
Mosey over to the Naked Statue (we’ve got to come up with a name for him) for THE THANG:
- Standard Calf Raise x 20 IC
- ButKis AMRAP for 1 min
- Calf Raise (toes in) x 20 IC
- Rocky Balboa AMRAP for 1 min
- Calf Raise (toes out) x 20 IC
- Squat Jumps AMRAP for 1 min
Pearls on a String to Riverside Park
- Interspersed with Mountain Climbers, Plank Jacks and Prisoner Squats along the way
At the playground for 15’s (do as many pull up as possible and the remaining balance in merkins to equal 15 total reps).
- 5 Rounds of –
- Pull ups & Merkins
- Run around the loop
- High plank until the 6 comes in
Circle up in the grass for BURP & MERK
- 1 Burpee and 1 Merkin, then 1 Burpee and 2 Merkins … Up to 10 Merkins
Pearls on a String back to Memorial Park
- Interspersed with Mountain Climbers and LBCs along the way
Back at Memorial Park, split up into 3 teams for The PYRO Championship!
- Team Shuttle Run – First guy in line performs the suicide ladder, while the rest of the team Squats (Team #1 winner! Plank Jacks – winning team does 10, while the other 2 do 20 reps)
- Team Partner Carry – 4 different guys have to be partner carry/team carry to the last cone and back (Team #3 winner! Mountain Climbers – winning team does 10, while the other 2 do 20 reps)
- Team Tunnel of Love – double the length of the cones all the way to the sidewalk (Team #2 winner! V-Ups – winning team does 10, while the other 2 do 20)
With only a few minutes to spare we ended with one of YHC’s favorites — EARN YO BISCUIT!!!
- 4 cones in a rectangle – SPRINT the long sides and SLOWSY on the short sides
- 3 minutes AMRAP
630 Burpees to add to Cadre Daniel’s http://capitaltour2017.com/burpees/
- Prayers for all of the men participating in the upcoming MudRun, PUD’s son (SOD and his concussion), and for Feud’s friend
- Welcome F3 Aladdin (aka yoga mat guy), F3 Wrangler (dude really does look like Farve) and F3 Brown Bag (Cassanova’s 2.0)
YHC was privileged to recently help at an event called VSA (Very Special Arts) which gives disabled students from the surrounding counties an experience to engage in art activities at the museum. So humbled to be part of this amazing outreach. To see these young kids – their smiles, their enthusiasm, full of joy. Reminds YHC to have that child-like faith and belief!
The TPC games brought up memories of field days back in grade school and being picked for a team for kickball or hide-and-go seek. It’s a great feeling to be on that Winning Team! And it also totally sucked when you knew you weren’t on a good team. But here at F3 we can all have that feeling of being on a Winning Team. Its a place where Iron Shapens Iron, where it’s Me versus Me and about Getting Better!
Always an honor!!!
Peace out – PYRO