18 PAX including two FNGs arrived early to ANTHILL for the school of gloom for this beatdown. YHC embraces his geekdom (which no one in the PAX seemed to have disputed) and talked about how his 2.0’s do the same. Both were affectionately known as “mathletes” when they competed at “Math Field Day” while in school. While this morning’s beat down was rather elementary, the PAX was put to the test. All were left wondering, “Is what they meant when they introduced ‘Common Core Math’?”
- SSH x20 IC
- Hillbilly x20 IC
- Don Quixote x10 IC
- LBAC forward/backwards, BAC backwards, Raise the Roof x10-15 IC
- Merkins x10 IC
- Flutter kicks x 20 IC
- Squats x10 IC
First math topic: Geometry
Things did not start off well when the PAX took a little too long to get organized and divide themselves evenly amongst the 3 cones that were suspiciously arranged in a triangle- 10 burpee penalty.
- Jacksonville Isosceles Triangle of Death- start with 10 burpees, bearcrawl to next cone, then 9 burpees, bearcrawl to next cone, then 8 burpees… all the way down to 1 burpee
- Big Boy Sit-Ups while waiting for the six.
Next math topic: addition and subtraction- horseshoe style
Run a lap, perform 10 reps of an exercise, run second lap, and perform 10 reps of first exercise, then 20 reps of second exercise, etc. then back down:
- 1st lap: 10 merkins
- 2nd lap: 10 merkins + 20 squats
- 3rd lap: 10 merkins + 20 squats + 30 LBCs
- 4th lap: 10 merkins + 20 squats + 30 LBCs + 40 mountain climbers
- 5th lap: 10 merkins + 20 squats + 30 LBCs
- 6th lap: 10 merkins + 20 squats
- 7th lap: 10 merkins
- Al Gore, pickle-pounders and low plank while waiting for the six
Last math topic: Ratios
- Captain Thor- big boy sit ups and American hammers in a 1:4 ratio up to 10:40 or until time called
YHC discussed how Christ called us to be salt and light for the world. Salt brings flavor to bland food. Light allows us to see in the darkness. YHC encouraged the men to be salt and light to our fellow brothers, co-workers, family, and even those with whom we don’t get along. We are called to help make others better, but to do it with love. Too much salt will worsen the taste. Too much light will blind us.
T-claps to our FNGs Slab and Bantam for making it through their first beatdown.