Workout date: 8/8/17
The Pax: Throat Swab, SOC, Jumanji, Synapse, Doc Okie, PUD, Bing, Mathlete, Earshot, Feud, LIFO, Xenu, Hollywood, Farah & Farah, Snuffy, Big Bird
Conditions: Farah & Farah’s shirt
After some dangerous poking of the Q bear on Slack the day before, 17 pax cautiously gathered at Anthill to see what repercussions their mumblechatter had wrought.
Prior to the disclaimer, YHC led the pax in a word of prayer for one of our own who spent the night talking with a friend who tried to take his own life.
- 20 x SSH
- 15 x Baryshnikov squats (hips open, on tip toes)
- 20 x Toy Soldiers
- 20 x Mountain Climbers
The Thang – 1000 Reps Challenge
- 100 big boy situps (core) – P2 people’s chair
- 100 Merkins (arms) – P2 low plank
- 100 Groiners (legs/core) – P2 superman
- 100 Jump squats (legs) – P2 6″ killers
- 100 Iron Crosses (core) – P2 standing (run around field + library when done
- Run around field + library
- 100 mountain climbers (arms/legs) – P2 people’s chair
- 100 partner dips (arms) – P2 low plank
- 100 burpees (full body) – P2 6″ killers
- 150 SSH (full body, break before pullups) – P2 Superman
- 50 pullups (arms) – P2 people’s chair
Without the warmup and early prayer, most of the pax probably would have finished. A few teams were mid-way through their pullups when time ran out, but it’s fair to say the pax all met their daily smoke quota even without the full 1,000 reps.
YHC concluded with a shout-out to SeatDown for his example of servant leadership and consistently sacrificing his own comfort to care for his brothers. We all need men like that in our lives, both to encourage and support us and to inspire us to do the same for others. As PUD shared yesterday, a Band of Brothers is like a retirement account – if you wait to invest in it until you need it, it’s too late. Let’s invest in each other, dig into each other’s lives, and give others access to our own lives and hearts, for the sake of our health, our families, our marriages, and our brothers.
Proverbs 17:17 – “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.”