Warm-Up / COP:
Circle up on the field.
YHC explained that though he is clearly not a professional, he is a creature of habit. He will always start with SSHs, and the number will be tied to something that is currently on his mind.
41 SSH IC – In honor of Tom Petty writing American Girl 41 years ago on July 4th, 1976. (How cool is that trivia?) YHC loves this classic song and will miss Tom Petty.
13 Little Baby Arm Circles Forward IC
13 Little Baby Arm Circles Backwards IC
13 Moroccan Nightclubs
10 Hillbillys IC
10 Reachers IC
Take the long way to playground.
The ONLY THANG
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. – Proverbs 27:17 .
YHC divulged that he will always have partner exercises when he Q’s. Why? This is what brings me/us back day after day, week after week. A partner keeps you accountable. They “sharpen” you. They raise you up. They allow you to achieve great things.
So the plan was clearly explained
- There will be multiple 3 minute exercise sessions that are designed to work you and your partner from the top down. (Example – The first station is chin/pull ups with the modification being negative chin ups or inverted rows.)
- Each station will immediately be followed by cardio work.
- HIM 1 will start by doing the required exercise, up to 25, while HIM 2 does a full plank.
- FORM IS KEY. If you can’t keep form, or you can’t complete 25, switch with your partner. Continue switching for 3 minutes.
- The planking partner needs to encourage and count reps. That way, they can give their partner a goal to achieve on the next round.
- If the planking partner cannot maintain a full plank, they should go to an elbow plank, and if needed, an arm chair position.
Now knowing the plan, YHC then asked them to pick partners looking for a partner they have not worked with AND that might be a different level of fitness.
Station 1: EXERCISE – Chin Ups, CARDIO – 60 yard sprint down field. When both partners finish, they sprint back together.
Station 2: EXERCISE – Merkins, CARDIO – 60 yard karaoke down field. When both partners finish, they karaoke back together.
Station 3: EXERCISE – Dips, CARDIO – 60 yard backward run down field. When both partners finish, they backward run back together.
Station 4: EXERCISE – LBCs, CARDIO – 60 yard jog down field. When both partners finish, they jog back together.
Station 5: EXERCISE – Prisoner Squats, CARDIO – 60 yard sprint down field. When both partners finish, they sprint back together.
Station 6: EXERCISE – Calf Raises, CARDIO – 60 yard sprint down field. When everyone finishes, jailbreak back to the COT.
Naked Moleskin / BOM:
YHC shouted out to Jumanji and the others who have built their recent Q’s around ‘Iron Sharpen Iron’. YHC spoke on why this is so important to him. Though I could do a similar routine at home, on my own, I would not have been able to achieve what I did today by simply having Snuffy there to encourage me and keep me accountable.
And as always, please remember that today is the perfect day to make a positive impact on another person’s life.
Until next time.