YHC thought it was time to record some hard data on fitness so the PAX could see if they are still climbing the mountain or sliding back down.
We also discussed the JAX Core Value for October: We DFQ. Challenge is to memorize the core value and supporting quote: “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- SSH IC x 10
- Michael Phelps IC x 8
- Don Quixote IC x 7
- Take a lap around the lot with some high-knees, butt-kickers, karaoke, etc.
Fitness Test (results will be compiled by Xenu and posted- everyone’s goal is to improve in one month when we do it again on Nov 28):
- 10 minutes of burpees- record your number (Spartan Race burpees: chest has to hit the ground, feet have to leave the ground)
- 1 minute of merkins- record your number (chest to partner’s fist)
- 1 minute of BB situps- record your number (partner hold feet, touch the shoulder blades and back up)
- Max pull-up reps- record your number (Cross-Fit style, kipping is fine, but chin has to get above bar)
Mosey to the basketball court:
- partner squerkins- 5, 10, 15 with jog to baseline in between
- some Mary for those who are finished: 30 flutter kicks IC, 20 LBCs
- broad jump to opposite baseline and mosey to flag
COT/BOM: prayers for Drone’s family. Strong work was done by FNG Spud- pullup machine.
The Word: sometimes it’s easier to DFQ when you’re in the middle of something immediate, intense, and difficult like a GoRuck, etc., but applying DFQ to your life in the long-term is much more difficult. Take a close look this month and see if you are slowing FQing on something important (marriage, job, fathering, etc.).
Mark your calendars: Nov 28 will be the next chance to improve your fitness metrics. For those of you who missed today feel free to test yourself and send results to Xenu.
Shirt orders are open through Nov 1: https://f3.mudgear.com/products/f3-jax-shirt-pre-order?variant=4270111169 featuring a new royal blue color that looks pretty good (Heisenberg picked it because it accents his eye color)