13 PAX, which included an FNG, resisted the fartsack and found their way through the foggy gloom to ANTHILL. Apparently there was some game on late last night. Upon arrival, these HIM found that a “Tide” and “Rolled” in overnight. This can’t be good…
- SSH x 25 IC
- Toy Soldier x10
- LAC Forward/backwards x15 IC
- BAC Backwards/forwards x15 IC
- Reach Through x10 IC
- Merkins x 15 IC
- LBC x 15 IC
The PAX were warned that the outcome of College Football’s National Championship would determine the beatdown in store for them in the gloom. Truth be told, the easier of the two would have been if the ‘Dawgs had won. Oh well, so much for that….
The last time we did the Crimson, we had to modify because we did not have pull-up bars. Fortunately for the PAX, we do have them at Anthill. Not sure why there was a moan after this announcement:
- The Crimson–
- With partner, 10 pull ups at play ground, run to light pole, 10 burpees; run back to play ground for 9 pull ups, run to light pole for 9 burpees, etc… down to 1 of each.
- T.I.D.E.- think BOMBS, Partner 1 runs from baseline across park to sidewalk and back while Partner 2 begins performing the prescribed exercises, flap jack and continue until total # reps completed:
- T- Thigh Masters x50
- I- Imperial Walkers x 100
- D- Diamond Merkins x150
- E- Elbow to Knees x 200
- Three minutes of Mary as the PAX waited for the six
For the final exercise, YHC introduced a new exercise to the PAX that he found in the F3 Exicon. He thought this would be most appreciated by Dr. Okie.
- Mountaineer Motivators– 10 reps each (performed in succession) of (Harper’s) Fairy Jacks, SSH, half arm SSH, just leg SSH, and hop
YHC reminded the PAX of our January Core Value Concept about being prepared for the s— to come. To be prepared, we must build a strong foundation for whatever it is we want to accomplish. YHC was reminded of Matthew 7: 24-27
24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”
By properly preparing ourselves, we will weather any storm. YHC compared this to training for an event versus just exercising. While exercise is good, training for something kicks it in another gear, and proper training will help you accomplish that goal. What are you going to train for this year?
- LIFO and his family dealing with Wrong Way and depression
- Septum’s wife for proper healing following Lasix surgery
- All children returning to school following Christmas break