18 Pax broke upon Sunshine Park, most wearing green and singing Irish Pub songs in a jovial (if not boisterous) fashion. Drop Kick Murphys seasoned the mood, and all were clearly yearning for a St. Patty’s Day Beatdown. They were not disappointed…
- Irish jig (SSH) 15
- Wood chipper 15
- Dublin Dump (Tempo squat) 15
- Lazy Leprechaun: Lying on rt side—left knee to left elbow x 10—flapjack
- Music piece—Tubthumping—jog in place/ or high knee—do merkin when you hear “I get knocked down, but I get up again”
There once was a fellow O’Doole, Who found little red spots on his tool, His Doctor a cynic said Get out of me clinic, And wipe off that lipstick you fool!
- Car BOMBS: Partner up. Pax 1 does exercise while Pax 2 runs to my pickup—grabs a shamrock from the back and returns with it. Swap out and continue the exercise until complete. P1 returns the shamrock to my truck. The exercises and reps are: 25- Burpees / 50- Overhead Claps / 75 Merkins / 100- Big Boy Sit-ups (or LBCs) / 150- Squats.
Mosey to pull up bars: There was a young lady named Bright, who traveled much faster than light. She set out one day in a relative way, and came back the previous night
- Pot O’ Gold–at the end of the Rainbow; a rainbow has 7 colors— 1 pull up and 7 box jumpsà 2PU and 7 BJ; Totals 28 of each—
Mosey to smooth BB courts: There was a young man from Savannah Who died in a curious manner, He whittled a hole In a telephone pole, And there…electrified his banana
- Kiss the Blarney stone: Hairburners on smooth BB court: 5 lines—4 per line. P1 = Race to end—hold over head, race back, give it a wee little kiss, pass it off, and shift down one line. P2 = plank jacks, P3 = Air Jordans, P4 = LBCs
Mosey to big field at north end: There once was a nympho named Jill who tried dynamite for a thrill. They found her vagina in North Carolina and bits of her boobs in Brazil
- Leprechaun leap: 2 lines—first man runs five yards, drops to plank, second sprints over first, runs five yards, drops to plank…make all the way down the field (stay at south end)
A pirate, history relates, Was scuffling with some of his mates, When he slipped on a cutlass Which rendered him nutless, And practically useless on dates
- Giant’s Crawlway: (set up cones) Duck walk or lunge to the 10 yard line, 10 merkins, reverse Crawlbear back to goal line. Repeat to the 20, 30 yardlines increasing # of merkins by 10
- Irish this workout were over…
- Cone Sprints 25%-50%-75%-100% at the end
There was a young maid from Madras, Who had a magnificent ass; Not rounded and pink, As you probably think It was grey, had long ears, and ate grass.
‘I get knocked down, but I get up again’ There is an old Japanese proverb: Its’ ok to fall down 7 times, just get up 8…In this world, we are promised difficulty—John 16: 33…In this world you will have trouble. Our character is defined by what we do after that 7th fall… and the choice is ours to make daily.