10 Pax heard that Big Bird would not be Q’ing Anthill due to pure exhaustion from the excitement and all that is involved with becoming a first time uncle, and decided it would be a good time to post with YHC pinch-hitting. Little did they know that they would get a little taste of his last Q at Boondocks, as he had plenty left over from this past Saturday… Welcome to training camp part II.
- SSH x20
- Toy soldiers x15 IC
- Reach Through x12 IC
- LBAC F/B x15 IC
- Chinook x 15 IC
- Prisoner Squats x10 IC
- Merkins x10 IC
Once again stealing a page from Farah & Farah’s playbook, YHC was irritated that the PAX dare post with shirts un-tucked. As Pud correctly pointed out, coaches really hate un-tucked shirts. Long lap around the library was in order for the PAX while YHC, who arrived too late for any early set up, broke protocol and moseyed to the field to arrange cones before joining the PAX as they made it to the loop in the park. After running the lap, regroup at the light post for…
How ‘Bout them Cowboys?!
Same concept as BOMBS (partner 1 runs to cone and back, partner 2 exercises then switch until combined total reps met), but this one is for the America’s Team (YHC other favorite team):
- B: Burpees x50
- O: Overhead Claps in Air Chair x100
- Y: XY’s (legs at 45 deg, 1 Rosalita and 1 Flutter kick =1) x150
- S: Sumo Squats x200
Training Camp Drills
So last time YHC focused on conditioning and special teams. This time it was more speed and agility drills and defense. Again, some of these next group of exercises are similar to what goes on during training camp… or not:
- DB Drills
- Backpedal break 45 degrees back to baseline 4 times across field, rinse and repeat back the other way
- Backpedal break 45 degrees away from baseline 4 times across field, rinse and repeat back the other way
- Backpedal 10-20 yards, and then break to the post all the way to the sidewalk. Rinse and repeat back to the light post
- Railroad Track Weave, with a football
- same concept as regular railroad tracks, but instead of jumping over pax, weave in and out running forwards and backwards between pax while carrying a football; next pax goes when first pax half way through
- Once first pax at head of line, ball thrown to trailing pax
- Make way from light post to side walk.
- Regular railroad track back towards light post for one round
- 5 burpees for each drop (2) resulted in 10 burpees penalty
Pax demonstrated their special talent of catching a black and red XFL football in the dark. We also determined that prolonged low planking in a field dubbed Anthill was not, and never will be, a good idea. If you doubt me, just ask Drone.
Heisenberg provided words of wisdom on accountability and preparedness. The Pax had become a little slack when it comes to ensuring the flag made an appearance at each beatdown. While an occasional missing flag happens, it should not become the norm. Heisenberg reminded us that we are able to post due to the freedoms won by those who defended the Stars and Bars. He also challenged those who have Q’d to always be prepared with one just in case of emergencies where the scheduled Q (as what happened this morning) is unable to make it. Great advice.
- All Pax on IR
- Pud for safe travels to Denver
- Dial-Up’s friend Nelson and his wife who were both recently diagnosed with colon cancer
- For those in Redding, CA and all those who have lost their homes due to wild fires, including YHC’s former colleague and team member and her family
- Lord’s prayer