YHC got his run in early so he could scout Boondocks for a place to set for this morning’s baseball themed beatdown. He was fortunate that the gates to the adjacent baseball field were open, so the set up was minimal. It may have helped, however, if he had announced earlier in the week that the PAX needed to bring a baseball glove if they had one. Again, the baseball gods smiled upon YHC and we had just enough for his planned beatdown to work as planned. 7 Pax with 1 FNG posted in the gloom for YHC infamous baseball themed beatdown. Little did they realize just how much running was involved with the game.
- SSH x 15 IC
- Cotton Pickers x15 IC
- Don Quixote x15 IC
- Toy Soldier x 15 IC
- LBAC forward/backwards x10 IC
- Wonder Bra x10 IC
- Lunges x 10 each leg OYO
- Merkins x10 IC
- Whitaker to Trammell spinning squat jumps (essentially simulating the turn on a double-play: squat and simulate catching the ball, jump while spinning and throwing ball) x10 OYO
- Mosey to the baseball field
The Ricky Henderson:
- PAX in a line, takes a lead off base
- Q calls “back”, PAX lunges left and slides back to original line
- Q calls “go”, PAX runs across field to “2nd base”
- Several rounds until YHC felt PAX had enough
HIIT Baseball Diamond:
- 10 burpees at home -> sprint to 1st Base-> sumo squats x 20, diamond merkins x 20 -> jog back to home
- Rinse and repeat but sprint to 2nd base, then 3rd
- Last sprint is all away around diamond to home. End with exercises.
F3 Baseball: PAX counted off by 3’s and headed to the appropriate base with two teams of 2 and one team of 3. Each base had an exercise with reps to be completed as a team (100 for teams of 2 and 150 for teams of 3). Once completed team proceeded to the next base by various modes of transportation. PAX continued around the bases AMRAP style x 15 minutes. Teams scored a “run” once returning to their original base.
- First Base: merkins; lunge to Second Base
- Second Base: wonder bra in air chair; bear crawl to Third Base
- Third Base: LBC’s; sprint to Home Plate
- Home Plate: pickle pounders; crab walk to First Base
The Crawford Triple: (Sam Crawford set the MLB record for triples in a career with 309): It has been said that a triple is the most exciting play in baseball, so….
- Field Team PAX: PAX on Pitcher’s mound, at Third Base, Shortstop, and Center Field positions.
- At-Bat PAX at plate with baseball bat
- Pitcher simulates a pitch (lunge toward plate) At-bat PAX swings bat and sprints around bases attempting to get to Third Base before throw
- At swing of bat, SS sprints to designated spot in outfield, CF sprints to ball at designated spot in outfield
- CF throws to SS who throws to Third Baseman in attempt to beat At Bat PAX to the base
- Rotate until all PAX plays each position at least once
Last year, we decided to dedicate each month to a core concept and phrase to help us better focus on one of the 3Fs. The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership. The core principles for F3 workouts are:
- Free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain, or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a circle of trust
For the next four months, we will focus on the first F: Fitness.
- The Core Value Concept: We don’t quit in the face of obstacles
- Our Core Value Phrase: We DFQ!
- A quote that speaks to this concept: “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Prayers for those affected by Hurricane Michael
- Prayers for Twister and all military, first responders, and all those assisting in the recovery following Hurricane Michael
- Lord’s Prayer