On the coldest morning of the year, 12 PAX gathered at BOHICA to see what the Q had in store.
On a pre workout ruck, the Q found some tennis balls. One was thrown in the air when it hit we were to mosey to the racquetball court. We were there for 2 reasons: we haven’t been there in a while, and it blocked the wind.
- Michael phelps 15 ic
- Wall sit overhead clap 15 ic
- Wall sit Wonderbra 15 ic
- 2 burpees
- Wall sit Moroccan nightclub 15 ic
- 3 burpees
- Wall sit raise the roof 15 ic
- 4 burpees
- Wall sit chinook 15 ic
- 5 burpees
1 Lap around the racquetball court by your choice– crab/lunge/duck/bear alternate
Everyone knows how to do a burpee. All PAX did 1 burpee. YHC detailed that the burpee consists of 5 movements. All PAX did 1 after the Q demonstrated.
- Leg thrusts – no to be confused with groiners.
- Jump Squat.
All PAX did Deconstructed burpees. 1 of each, then 2 of each up to 10 of each.
Flutter kick 4 ways each 15 IC
- Hand under butt
- Hands out like a T
- Hand overhead flat
- Hands up to sky
Donkey Kicks 25 oyo
Aussie burpees 25 oyo. At first PAX thought these were simple and not a burpee (according to Guinness records they are) but after 25 they suck.
Mosey to playground
10 pullups oyo
Mosey to pavilion
- Tempo Time!
- Tempo squat 15 ic
- Tempo merkings 10 IC
- Tempo dips 15 ic
- Got on a bench for calf raises, someone said tempo calf raises.
- Tempo calf raises 15 IC – these didn’t work too well, won’t revisit
- Regular cal raises 15 ic
- Duck chose – pickups 25 per side
- Rainman chose monkey humpers 10 ic
- Gekko decided we needed more burpees 10 oyo
- Bigbird wanted 10 box jumps
- Of course Snuffy chose picke pounders
- YHC called proud pickles 15 ic,
- crab cakes 10 per leg
- pretzel crunch 15 ic per leg
- Finished with 10 OYO WW1SU
Moseyed to flag.
THE Barry Shinkoff 1st to complete Resolution Ruck 50 miles in 15 days (he did 9 days). Good job.
YHC talked about procrastination – I started resolution ruck on day 3…and paying for it to catch up. Also, Discipline equal Freedom could mean different things to different people. YHC mentioned shopping at grocery store and could easily have picked up some food, even though lunch was brought from home back at the office. To me, by not buying the food there in front of me, Discipline equal freedom can lead to healthier choices in food, and financial freedom by not wasting money on food. What does it mean to you.
Prayers to Heisenberg – job and to Toxic for M’s health.
Proud to lead.