11 PAX posted at the Badlands this morning for my VQ! Started with a quote from Ponte Vedra’s own Jon Gordon: Don’t let negativity win today! Remember it starts with you. If you are complaining you’re not leading. If you are leading, you’re not complaining. One person can’t make a team, but one person can break a team. Stay positive! No energy vampires allowed.
Warm O Rama: Q had some challenges following instructions during warm up but was able to rally thanks to help from our veteran F3’s keeping me straight!
- Reecher (10)
- Hillbilly (10)
- Toy Soldier (10)
- Michael Phelps (10)
- Little baby arm circles forward, backward (10 each)
- Merkins (20X OYO)
- Side straddle hops (10)
- Burpees (10 OYO)
- Mosey to soccer field
- In route – Carioca, Back pedal, Butt Kicks
- At second parking lot, Bobby Hurley’s (20X), Merkins (10X) no recover…straight into Set of Shoulder Tap Planks (10), Side Plank (10 count each side) . Finish mosey!
- Message at field: 2 things that will keep you from your destiny: 1. Listening to the naysayers. 2. Believing your fears and doubts.
- DORA: Sprint width of field & back and as a team complete 50 Burpees, 100 Mountain Climbers (each leg), 100 Air Squats
- Next PAX broke into 4 teams of 3 each for a circuit of Push-o-Rama to Mobility Work (20 yards) to Ab Work (5 sets) Encouraged the PAX that 30 reps were a minimum for each exercise. Each group of hard chargers can push for max rep. Q’s group went with 5 extra per set…. Ouch!
- Wide Merkins (Werkins) >>>>>> High Skip >>>>>>> LBC’s
- Carolina Dry Docks >>>>>> Bear Crawl >>>>> >Flutter Kicks (Bear crawl after Carolina dry docks hurt the shoulders…needed to dig deep and STAY Positive!)
- Diamond Merkins >>>>>> Walking Lunge >>>>>> American Hammer
- Single Leg Merkins >>>>>> Side Shuffle >>>>>>Hello Dolly’s
- Hand Release Merkins >>>>>> Frog Jumps >>>>>> Slow Bicycles
- Indian Run back to Flag – Good work by Blowout pushing hard to the flag – well done!!!!
Count O Rama, Name O Rama, Announcements
Shared Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.
5 ways to be more positive: 1. Practice Gratitude. 2. See challenges as opportunities. 3 Don’t listen to negative thoughts. 4. Feed yourself positive encouragement. 5. Choose Faith over fear.
Prayers – Healing for Rudy’s daughter, Job search for McDreamy, Monty’s M and Rudy, Q’s buddies Mike & Jerry who are going thru Cancer treatments and finally asked for GOD’s will and power to carry it out today! Stay Positive Men!