6 HIM posted in the gloom for more indoctrination of what it means to be part of F3 Nation. It has been 10 months since the F3 Jacksonville planted the AO at Plantation Park. It was time to up the ante and prepare the PAX for the annual Memorial Day convergence performed all around F3 Nation- the Murph. Let’s see how the Boondocks crew fared…
- SSH x 30 IC
- Don Quixote x 10 IC
- Reacher x12 IC
- LBAC forward/backwards x10 IC
- BAC backwards/forwards x10 IC
- Merkins x10 IC
- Squats x10 IC
- LBCs x 15 IC
YHC reviewed the Mission and Core Principles of F3. He felt it was time to prepare the PAX of Boondocks for a beatdown that occurs throughout F3 Nation on Memorial Day- the Murph. Traditionally, F3 Jacksonville holds a convergence at one of the AOs. Since this would be the first opportunity for the Boondocks Pax to participate, YHC took it “easy” on these HIM and began this training with a ½ Murph.
- The Murph 0.5
- 0.5 mile run
- Exercises (YHC did recommend to the pax to breakdown the exercises into sets of 10 or 5):
- 50 pull ups
- 100 merkins
- 150 squats
- 0.5 mile run
- Because we leave no man behind, all fastholes continued with exercises and/or Wagon Wheeled back for the 6 after completing exercises or run.
- 50 Mountain Climbers, 10 Flutter Kicks
- 40 Mountain Climbers, 20 Flutter Kicks
- 30 Mountain Climbers, 30 Flutter Kicks
- 20 Mountain Climbers, 40 Flutter Kicks
- 10 Mountain Climbers, 50 Flutter Kicks
- Deck of Death with F3 Workout Deck- each pax picked a card any card:
- High Plank x90 seconds
- Merkins x18
- Hand Release Merkins x15
- Monkey Humpers x20
- LBCs x17
Naked Mole Skin
- Things heard prior to the ½ Murph
- Updraft to Banjo- “Aren’t you glad you chose today to come back?”
- Things heard following the ½ Murph and finding out we had time for more…
- “I thought we were just going to do 10 counts for the rest of the time (remaining).”
- “Can we just hear more about the history of F3?”
- “There are no Lindsay Lohan cards in that deck?”
YHC encouraged the men to reflect on their performance on the ½ Murph, and begin to train on the part that they felt was their personal weak spot. When YHC first began F3, he could not perform a single pull-up and he had no endurance to run. YHC reminded the PAX that improvements would be accelerated with increased frequency and consistency of posting. He encouraged those who can to post at other AOs during the week or begin, as Twister suggested, a new weekday beatdown at Boondocks. YHC also congratulated Doink on his VQ this past week at Badlands. YHC encouraged the other pax to start thinking about Q-ing a future beatdown. With Boondocks approaching its anniversary, it’s time for them start stepping-up as well. This is yet another area that YHC never saw himself being able to do. If he can, you definitely can.
Finally, YHC encouraged the pax to watch Unplanned, a movie about the conversion of a Planned Parenthood Clinic Director near Houston, Texas. Despite aggressive attempts to suppress this movie by the main stream media (networks have refused to advertise for the movie; it was given an “R” rating to keep Christians away; it was scheduled to run in a limited number of theaters and only for 1 week) the movie has done better than predicted and has opened in additional theaters for an additional week. YHC feels no matter where you stand on this issue, you should see the movie, and judge for yourself which side you stand afterwards.
Prayer and Pledge
Coffeeteria at Maple Street followed with newish Pax in attendance receiving a copy of Freed to Lead, compliments of YHC.