8 PAX came out to HardNocson a beautiful Ponte Vedra morning! 5 PAX dolly’d a 4 mile pre-workout ruck in the gloom! Message of the day was the fine line between Self-Acceptance and Striving for Excellence. Quoting Carl Jung to start: “Keep your shadows in front of you – they can only take you down from behind” Carl Jung
- A little Broga despite the mumble chatter of the PAX!
- Deep squat hold
- Down Dog hold 10 seconds into Cobra into Peter parker, stretch each arm
- Arm circles forward, back, chinook
- 10 Mountain climbers 4 count IC
- Plank into Mike Tyson 10 reps 4 count IC
- Mosey up the stairs back to plank for 6
- Plank into shoulder taps – 10 times 4 count IC
- Mosey up the stairs back to plank
- Plank/Bear crawl position 10 heel touches 4 count IC, more mumble chatter referencing Sofa & Focker recent disturbing ruck photo on Slack. Sofa took some good ribbing throughout…luckily growing up with brothers he has thick skin!
- 10 Crab hold position into toe touch 4 count IC – more mumble chatter as PAX don’t like new exercises.
- 10 Clap Merkins
Mosey to event field
- 5 burpees, 10 lunge each leg, 15 imperial walker, 20 merkins, 25 plank jacks, 30 squats. Bear crawl between cones 20 yards apart.
- When complete grab some wall.
- Wall sits with air press. 50 reps move down 6 inches 50 more reps. Quads screaming!
- 20 Dips OYO since the benches were out there
- Back on the line.
- 20 Catalina wine mixers run length of field complete 20 LBC’s, run back
- 10 split squat burpees (left lunge, right lunge, squat burpee) run length of field complete 20 Flutter Kicks (each leg), run back
- 20 monkey humpers run length of field complete 20 hello dollies, run back
- Plank for 6
- Partner up. Wheel barrel across the field, first Pax completes Iron cross 20 reps wheel barrel back second Pax completes Iron cross 20 more reps.
- 21’s – merkins one side, mountain climbers (each leg) the other side. Great job by all the PAX powering through the final reps!
Mosey back to circle
- Round robin of PAX selected exercises for last 5 minutes – big boy sit-ups, plank peter parkers, flutter kicks, Lindsey Lohan, wide merkins.
- Count O Rama, Name O Rama, FNG’s
- Announcements – Spartan race next Saturday. Grow Ruck 4/3-4/5. Chimbote trip in June. Discussion on HN convergence with Badlands Monday and Poseidon Saturday this upcoming week with President Day and many PAX missing next Saturday with the Spartan.
BOM: Self-Acceptance Drives Lasting Meaningful Change.
“Keep your shadows in front of you – they can only take you down from behind” Carl Jung
“You cannot change in a lasting, meaningful way unless its driven by self-acceptance.” Brene Brown
We develop armor over past experiences, trauma, disappointments. At some point the armor no longer serves us. It’s not protecting us, it’s restricting us, and preventing us from growing into the husbands, fathers, professionals and men we want to be. We came here initially to get in better shape physically. Now it’s time for us to go further! What armor do you need to put down to ultimately become the man you were meant to be?