- When: 07/30/15
- QIC: Feud
- The PAX: LIFO, Toxic (respect), Big Bird, OTC, Jumanji, Purifier (FNG), Rev
8 PAX showed up in the gloom for the beatdown. Today we infused a little of the third F into the first F as the PAX underwent what the YHC referred to as Catholic Calisthenics. Temp: 75 deg Humidity: 87%
Warm-up lap around the park
- SSH x 20 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 20 IC
- Hillbillies x 20 IC
- LBC Forward x 20 IC
- LBC Backwards x 20 IC
- Overhead Arm Presses x 20 IC
- Overhead Claps x 20 IC
- Squats x 15 IC
- Merkins x 15 IC
- LBC x 15 IC
- Burpees x 10 OYO
Sign of the Cross– Catholics make the sign of the cross before and after prayer as a reminder of Christ’s sacrifice for our salvation. Here PAX perform two part exercise involving a path that forms the vertical and horizontal beams of a cross.
- Vertical Beam: path is across field, back and forth for a total of three laps (one each for Father, Son and Holy Spirit), at each end of the field PAX to perform an exercise
- Lap 1- Regular Run -> Carolina Dry Docks x10 -> Regular Run back-> Werkins x10
- Lap 2- Floyd Mayweather (backwards run) -> Carolina Dry Docks x10 -> Floyd M back -> Werkins x10
- Lap 3- Karyokee -> Carolina Dry Docks x10 -> Karyokee back -> Werkins x10
- Horizontal Beam: path perpendicular to vertical beam; three laps total with exercises of squats x 10 reps and backward lunges x 10 reps
- Bear crawl -> Squats x10 -> Crab Walk back -> backward lunges x10
Mosey back to COP-
During Mass, Catholics do a lot of kneeling, sitting and standing, hence…
- Jack Webbs x 12 (there were 12 Apostles, right Rev?)
- Air Chairs with Overhead and Forward Claps x 10 (Rinse and Repeat)
YHC received significant feedback during this second trip to the COP.
Holy Rosary– Despite common belief, Catholics do not pray to Mary, but we do ask for her intercession. The Rosary is one way for us to see the life of Christ through his mother’s eyes. This exercises is a modified version of the Lucky Horse Shoe.
PAX partner up. Run 5 Laps around the field. At the end of each lap, PAX performs the following exercises:
- 1 Burpee (for Our Father)
- 10 Hail Mary’s at picnic tables
- P1 in plank position
- P2 performs dips with hands on bench and feet on P1
- Then switch
- 1 Jump Squat (for the Glory Be)
Time ran out following third “decade” of the Holy Rosary, much to the delight of most.
- YHC thanked the PAX for prayers while he was on the DL
- Prayers of thanksgiving for Big Bird’s significant other Alyssa for passing her finals and graduating Friday;
- Prayers for safe travels for Big Bird and Alyssa (to Orlando to celebrate Alyssa’s accomplishments); Jumanji and his family (to North Carolina to visit family) and Rev’s wife, Christa (to Tampa for women’s conference)
- BOM ended with all praying the Our Father.