9 PAX gathered in the gloom for what would be a mumble chatter filled workout. We had one new face who just happened to be Heisenberg’s brother in law (we won’t tell anyone). I do not think he was prepared for what was to come.
Pre Workout BOM led by Heisenberg.
0.4 mile mosey to San Marco Square.
Circle up for:
SSH x 25 IC Imperial Walkers x 25 IC Merkins x 10 IC 30 seconds of Rocky Balboa
Here is where the fun (and mumble chatter) really began. The PAX partnered up into teams of 2 (one team of 3 consisting of YHC, OTC, and LIFO). One team member does a wall sit while the other team member:
- Sprints to the stairs and does a Wheel of Merkin with 7 merkins in each position.
- Sprints to the fountain and does 7 jump squats onto the ledge of the fountain.
- Sprints to the lion statue duck walks one lap around the statue and then seven burpees.
- Sprints back to partner and they switch off.
Rinse and repeat until each team member had done the cicuit 3 times. One the second time we had the wall team member switch it up and do Balls to the Wall to failure and then return to wall sit.
After the first circuit YHC heard a train in the distance so of course we took pause to honor the train with 10 burpees.
To finish things up at San Marco Square we did one more minute of Wall Sits all together and then Balls to the Wall to failure. Hollywood and Jumanji took home the prize for longest Balls to the Wall eventually just agreeing to come down at the same time! T Claps to them!
0.4 mile mosey back to Southside Park
BOM led by YHC
This was a very fun workout to lead. It was the 3rd weekday workout in a row where we have left Southside Park behind and taken our show on the road. It is a great way to get some exposure and get people wondering what we are doing. I’m sure its very weird seeing 9 grown men doing wall sits in the middle of a very public area at 6 o’clock in the morning. It was fun to see the PAX enjoy the workout but also be challenged. As always I am humbled to be able to lead and give a part of myself to such an outstanding group of men.
- 2.0 day THIS SATURDAY at Anchor (Alexandria Oaks Park). Bring your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, random neighborhood kids all are welcome (male and female). Even if you don’t have a 2.0 still come, it will still be a workout! The workout will be at our normal time (7 am) with coffeeteria to follow at Maple Street Biscuit Company. Don’t miss this opportunity to show your kids what we do at F3!
- Jacksonville Beach Run this Saturday at 6 pm! Sign up now for something CSAUP. We are meeting at 0530 in front of the open air stage right down from where Beach and A1A meet. Registration is $25. Where your F3 Jax shirt and come EH some more SadClowns into joining us. Sign up here: http://www.1stplacesports.com/sbr.html
- Registration for the Ultimate Challenge Mud Run in October is live! Come join YHC and 600 of your closest F3 brothers at the Super Bowl of F3 events. Contact YHC for more information on this exciting event. Register here: http://f3nation.com/?p=194149
- Please continue to hold up Barker and his wife in your prayers during this difficult time.
- Also hold up Drone. After the birth of Dronadette he developed a full blown case of shingles!