- When: 9/12/15
- QIC: Drone
- The PAX: Jumanji, Big Bird, Streaker, Band Camp, Toxic, LIFO, OTC, Feud, Heisenberg, Cousin Eddie, Patino, Vana (FNG), Barker, Hollywood, Farah & Farah, Snuffy, Piano Man
This fine overcast Saturday, 18 PAX (and one stoic observer, Silent Yoga Dude) posted to Anchor for a Gladiator-inspired beatdown by YHC on his long-overdue first Saturday Q and first post-paternity leave Q. QIC opened with a brief reminder that the AO is our training ground, and how we conduct ourselves in this arena translates to how we will conduct ourselves in the arena of life. If we practice diligence, commitment, integrity, cooperation and leadership in this setting, we will be better prepared to use those strengths in our roles as husbands, fathers, mentors, employers and employees. And to quote Maximus, “Brothers, what we do in life… echoes in eternity.”
Warmup – Indian run around AO perimeter
- 20 x Windmills (IC)
- 20 x High Kicks (IC)
- 30 x Mountain Climbers (IC)
- 15 x Partner pistol squat (each leg)
- 20 x Partner Derkin/Power Merkin in pairs; flapjack, rinse and repeat
“Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they’ll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they’ll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it’s the sand of the coliseum.”
MOBS (modded BOMBS) – 200 Merkins, 150 Overhead presses, 100 Burpees (reduced to 80), 50 Squat Jumps (one partner exercises while other runs 50 yards out and back)
“Are you not entertained?! Is this not why you are here?”
20 x Planking partner hops – flapjack, repeato
2 x Comrade Carry – piggyback or fireman style, 30 yards out and back, flapjack
6MOM: ~60 sec. each flutter kicks, tuck crunches, Russian twists, Superman, Drunk Superman (side plank)
20 yard low crawl out and back
Regroup at Shovel Flag – YHC shared another life lesson on the fly from the Battle of Carthage reenactment scene, where the expectation was every man for himself and an easy victory for the Roman chariot riders. By taking charge and rallying the gladiators into a cohesive unit, Maximus and his men turn the table on their captors and are victorious against the odds. This is the heartbeat of F3 – each of us as lone SadClowns is vulnerable and an easy target for slaughter, but together, with shields locked side by side, we are a force to be reckoned with.
Name-o-rama, announcements by BB, closing prayer
Solid work and great effort by the Pax. I am always proud to sweat and struggle alongside such a fine group of warriors who push themselves and each other to become better men.
- Running in double file formation for the warmup was an unmitigated failure, which may indicate a lack of clear instruction and discipline on the part of YHC. Clearly more practice is needed.
- Apparently some of the Pax were expecting some atrophy and a lower intensity level after YHC’s 3-4 weeks of paternity leave. Sorry to disappoint.
- Finally some rain during the workout! Unfortunately we missed the torrential downpour by about 5 minutes.
- Thanks Patino for driving down and joining us from up north! Go Jags!
- F3 Mud Run in NC on Sat., October 24th – sign up HERE!
- Yet-to-be-named AO – 9A/Baymeadows Park, Mondays @ 0530
- Save 2 milk jugs to use as weights for upcoming workouts; fill with water; add bleach and duct tape lid to secure contents (or just buy gallons of water for $0.69 if you’re lazy like YHC)