11 PAX came out in the Florida gloom to get a jump start on their Super Bowl 50 tailgating party. To prepare for this pseudo-national holiday, we reminisced on this year’s NFL playoffs. YHC did not have cones today, but the Lord provided what appeared to be multiple flag football fields painted at ANCHOR today. This came in very handy today. Jax PAX welcomed Tatanka from Port Orange to today’s beatdown. He thought we were throwing him a b-day party.
- Goofball x 20 IC
- Imperial Walkers x20 IC
- LAC forward/backwards/raise the roof x20 IC
- Squats x 20 IC
- LBC x20 IC
- Merkins x20 OYO (penalty for couple of PAX caught walking instead of moseying to COP)
- Run following the boundary lines of one of the football fields then return to the COP for the beatdown.
For today’s beatdown, the repetitions for each exercise was based on the score of a playoff game. (Thank you Prophet in Greensboro for this idea).
Wild Card Weekend
- 30 SSH (Chiefs) IC
- Duck walk around COP (Texans with a big goose egg and the PAX wished they made a tighter circle)
- 18 Don Quixote’s (Steelers) IC
- 16 Toy Soldiers (Bengals) IC
- 35 Flutter kicks (Packers) IC
- 16 Pencil Squats (Redskins) IC
- 10 Burpees (Seahawks) OYO
- 9 Worst Merkins Evers (Vikings) OYO
For the next group of exercises, the PAX lined up on one sideline. PAX ran across the field to the opposite sideline to perform # of Merkins that matches score of winning team, then back to the starting sideline to perform # of Squats matching score of losing team. PAX waited for the six before beginning next run. All exercises in this grouping were done OYO. Let the mumble chatter begin.
- 27 (Patriots)
- 26 (Cardinals)
- 31 (Panthers)
- 23 (Broncos)
- 20 (Chiefs)
- 20 (Packers)
- 24 (Seahawks)
- 16 (Steelers)
Back to COP for next group of exercises
- 20 Monkey Humpers (Broncos) IC
- 18 Pickle Pounders (Patriots) IC
- 49 Lunges (Panthers) OYO
- 15 Mountain climbers (Cardinals) IC
Super Bowl 50
- American Hammers x 50 OYO
Field Goal Challenge
Taking a page out of LIFO’s B-ball shoot around many moons ago, all but 3 PAX line up in air chair and air clap. The 3 PAX represented the 3 main members of the field goal unit- the snapper, holder and kicker. 20 yard FG attempt made towards a poor excuse for a goal post made of PVC pipes. Goal post had the width closer to an Arena League goal post than an NFL one. Botched snap or fumble results in PAX doing 10 Merkins. Missed FG results in 10 squats. Made FG resulted in a single squat jump for joy. Kicker returns to line, next in line becomes snapper, snapper becomes holder, and holder becomes kicker. Cycle continues until all PAX has chance to kick twice.
PAX proved to have the accuracy of the Florida Gator kicking game this past season. PAX converted on 3 of 22 attempts for a total of 190 squats and 3 squat jumps for joy. T-claps given for Tatanka, Farah & Farah, and Drone for making good on their second attempts. There was a 20 Merkin penalty for a failed fake field goal.
- Brunswick Bridge Run Feb 13th
- F3 workout prior to run
- Promo for St. Simon’s Launch
- Simon’s Launch- March 5th
- Gate River Run- March 12th
- F3 Mud Run- April 30th
Today’s reflection centered on Philippians 2: 2-4 which essentially challenges us to not to work for ourselves, but always for others. This reminds me of what F3 is about, building men to be better for others. “I am 3rd!” We are helping each other grow so we can have an “IMPACT” for others at home, at work, in our communities and at church. Aye!