11 PAX fought the fartsack and braved the blistery winter conditions of Northeast Florida, including a visitor from Knoxville who woke up this morning thinking he was back home. There is only one explanation for coming out in the gloom with the thermometer registering 29 degrees… MADNESS! YHC welcomed everyone to this Bracket-Busting Beatdown at BOHICA…
COP (all IC)
- SSH x 20
- Cherry Pickers x15
- Don Quixote x16
- LBAC forward/backwards x15
- BAC backwards/forwards x12
- Chinook x 15
- Squats x15
- Diamond Merkins on B-ball x 5
- 10 burpees for late arrival #1 (Synapse)
Now that the “Play In” Round was over, it was time for the 1st and 2nd Rounds of this beatdown. Mosey to the playground for a 6-pack ladder: 1 pull-up, 5 merkins, 2 pull-ups, 4 merkins, 3 pull-ups, 3 merkins, etc. Up and back down with repeat at the top.
Mosey to the Basketball courts for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8
- 10 burpees for late arrival #2 (Drone)
- Backboard/Net taps- start at the free throw line, run to the hoop and jump ups, reaching for the backboard or net 5 times, then run back to the free throw line, repeat 5 times
- Dribble down court, cone-to-cone, stop at last cone and attempt jump shot; Rest of PAX wonder bra with b-ball and air chair
- Dribble back other way, cone-to-cone, lay-up at final cone; Rest of PAX, Bobby Hurley’s with b-ball
- PENALTY: 1 burpee for every air ball, missed lay-up or turn-over (lost dribble)- Total penalties: 14
- Sidestep passes with partner up and down court with lay-up attempt at each basket
- PENALTIES: 8 burpees
- Suicide: 10 Big Boy with B-ball overhead at baseline
- Pressure Free throws: PAX line up at half court in plank positon. One member of PAX bear crawls to free throw line then attempts free throw. Miss = 10 merkins for PAX. Make = bear crawls back in line at half court.
- Total misses: 10.. 100 Merkins for the PAX.
- Iron Hulk with Basketball (Jack Webb with 1:4 ratio of diamond merkin on b-ball and air presses with b-ball)
Naked Man Moleskin
The PAX of JAX brought their “A”-game to the BOHICA basketball courts and once again left no doubt that Jacksonville is a football town… T-claps to Pyro for ensuring that the PAX was not shutout at the charity stripe.
YHC has been fortunate to have a dedicated hour a week to spend with the Lord in my church’s Adoration Chapel. During that time YHC has done some reading, most recently re-starting The Resolution for Men, a book based on the movie Courageous. The chapter YHC read most recently encouraged men to stay strong and courageous as leaders of their families. There are so many things in life that can drain our energy that we have nothing left but reserves for our family. During these times we may tend to lean on our wives and try to have them lead. For me, this message was very timely. With my responsibilities at work, pressures of school, and things I do for the Church, have taken a lot of my energy these past few weeks. This chapter reminded me that our #1 responsibility in this world is to be the leaders of our family. They deserve more than reserves. And during times of struggle, we lean on our brothers for support and prayers so that we may remain strong and courageous.
- Prayers for those members of the F3 JAX PAX who on IR (Bing, Cousin-Eddie)
- Continued prayers for OTC and Ashley, Seatdown and his family and M
- Prayers for BigBird as he hands in his 2 weeks notice, Synapse for job interview, Jumanji and adoption process
- Lord’s Prayer