- When: 03/28/17
- QIC: Jumanji
- The PAX: Jumanji, Heisenberg, Big Bird, Snuffy, Farah, Brief, Synapse, Pyro, SOC, PUD, SOD, LIFO, Feud, Drone, Sham Wow, Bowser, Doggy Howzer,
It was time for the 3rd installment of warrior mindset focused around team training and leadership. YHC loaded down his small, womanly car with about 300 lbs. of weight plates and rolled out to find 18 PAX gathered in the gloom. Promises were made concerning burpees.
Mosey to the basketball court to warm-up with:
- 20 SSH IC
- 30 merkins OYO
- 20 squat jumps OYO
- 25 squat jumps OYO (thanks Drone)
Form up teams of 3 and find a weight plate at the base-line (plates were 25#, 35#, and 45#). Overall- 1 team member would do hairburner to the opposite foul line and back while the other 2 did exercises and rotated through doing the requisite number of rounds.
- Hair-burners, merkins, and squat jumps: 3 rounds
- Hair-burners, mountain climbers, monkey humpers: 2 rounds
- Mosey to the raquetball court for a break- wall walkers down one side and duck walk around the rest of the way and return to basketball court
- Hair-burners, BB situps, diamond merkins: 2 rounds
- 1 round hair-burner, 1 round broad jumps, toy soldiers and pickle pounders
- Mosey to the raquetball court for- wall walkers down one side and bear crawl around the rest
- Pure relay race- 2 rounds of hair-burners
- As a team hair burn your plate back to YHC’s car
Messages during ‘breaks’-
- How do you respond in a crisis? Are you a leader seeking solutions or do you shrink back, hoping someone else will step up. Do you offer help or demand to be taken care of? Difference in attitude can mean the difference between life and death; or in more genteel times it can mean the difference between ordinary and extraordinary.
- Team training- enhances mental toughness because you’re held accountable; stakes are higher than just letting yourself down; humor is the hallmark of mental toughness (mumblechatter); training is for life
Things YHC noticed- no quit in the PAX and it was hard; loved seeing the fathers and sons out there together; Sham Wow and Doggy Hozer MD are new and struggled some, but never gave up showing that warrior mindset; the smell of burnt metal is like napalm in the morning; puking before 0600 is a badge of honor; answers to ‘why are you here?’ had deep purpose and meaning; SOD inherited PUDs genes for stud factor; pickle-pounding 1 ft away from another man brings a certain weird closeness
COT/BOM- prayers for Feud (Dr. visit), OTC, SeatDown, Bing, Cousin Eddie
If you are Q-ing in the next few weeks I challenge you to make it harder; to heat the crucible a few more degrees.