- When: 9/4/2017
- QIC: Bing
- The PAX: Toxic (double respect), Outhouse, Kebler, McDreamy (respect), THE Boy Wonder, Gizzard, The Artist, FnF (double respect), Pusher, Gambler, Stang, Flounder (respect), Snuffy (double respect)
The weather today was typical Florida. HOT and HUMID. YHC thinks the temperature was 132 with a humidity level approaching 1000%.
14 PAX broke off from the 2.0 group for our own work out sans 2.0s. We circled up and performed reachers IC x 10. YHC had to then explain the work out to the PAX. YHC had to go slow so that Toxic could keep up. YHC explained that we were doing a Tabata workout. YHC that there would be only 10 exercises for the Tabata. It was going to be a true Tabata with 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. Each exercise listed was performed for 8 rounds followed by a 1ish minute of rest before next Tabata started. There were some modifications (or moderate as Toxic would say. The exercises were as follows.
- Merkin – gave pax option of doing Derkin, Irkin, regular merkin or around the clock.
- Sumo Squat (YHC favorite) without leg lift
- Mountain climbers
- But Kis – alternated which foot was the lead
- Skater – This is also another YHC favorite
- Reverse crunch – changed one round to flutter kicks
- static lunges – only did 4 rounds, the other 4 rounds were calf raises
- Carolina dry docks
We had a few extra minutes so YHC added 2 small laps around the parking lot. Just as we were finishing our laps, the 2.0 group joined us and since we still had a few minutes, YHC decided to add in a few stretches.
Prayer requests – for Fued’s M, for Heisenberg, for Texas, for Irma to stay away from land, for our leaders, for North Korea, and some others (i think but am unable to remember).
Jumanji had a few nice words for the Pax and 2.0s and led us in a prayer.
Great work today @bing!