Warm-Up / COP:
52 SSH IC – In honor of YHC’s 51st Birthday. (Added one for good luck!)
13 Little Baby Arm Circles Forward IC
13 Little Baby Arm Circles Backwards IC
10 Hillbillys IC
10 Reachers IC
10 Burpees OYO – To celebrate those that finally made it to the COP!
The First Thang – One Mile Farmer’s Walk
Our brother Seatdown gave us insight into a farmer’s life at Anthill on 9/19. We agreed, this was really a 2 day lesson.
Farmers walk a lot every day while carrying heavy things like milk canisters or seed bags. So we paid homage.
- Passed out cards to pick partners.
- One partner carried 2 cinder blocks (38 lbs each) to the sidewalk 60 yards away and then turned around and came back. Their walk was purposeful. One done with pride and expediency. (YHC generously allowed each pairing to decide whether it was seeds or milk they were carrying.)
- The other partner did 10 Hand Release Merkins. When they were done, they ran to catch up to their partner and take over the walk. The partner that was relieved then returned to the start line to do the same exercise.
- There was three exercises in the rotation for each partner to complete. On the second trip back, they completed 10 LBCs. On your third trip back, they completed 10 Jump Squats. On the fourth trip back, they started the rotation again.
- The goal was One Mile which is 30 lengths of 60 yards, or if you wish, 15 laps of ‘there and back’.
- YHC is very appreciative of the leaders the stepped up after they completed their task to lead the other finishers in additional cinder block exercises or give donations to others that were still in the field.
The Second Thang – Tammy Wynettes
At the end of a long productive day, a farmer likes to kick back with friends and listen to country music. Especially the oldies like Tammy Wynette’s Stand By Your Man.
- Everybody was instructed to find a new partner.
- The partners stood next to each other.
- They were instructed to stay synchronized in their count and encourage each other.
- Partner 1 – 10 Merkins
- Partner 2 – 10 Prisoner Squats
- After the 10th rep, partner’s switched exercises and continued to switch every 10 to a total count of 200.
- Each man completed 100 Merkins and 100 Prisoner Squats.
- Much mumble chatter about regarding this relaxing cool down to a busy day.
Naked Moleskin / BOM:
YHC recognized Brother Pyro’s call from ANCHOR last Saturday to “Check Your Gauges”. That day I reflected on Pyro’s words and what other “gauges” I could check in my life.
A few weeks back, I spoke about BREATHING. When a loved one and/or work mate “pokes the bear”, before reacting, take a breath and make the right reaction. Don’t exasperate the situation with the immediate, regretful reaction. Look to understand and help, not to hurt.
Pyro’s words made me reflect on another area of my life where I need improvement and feel others probably do as well. I tend to hold onto slights / grievances longer than I should. What was interesting, our Priest had a sermon Saturday night that addressed this very issue. His simple words were “If your holding onto something that happened more than an hour ago, Let it Go. Today and tomorrow have infinite and wonderful possibilities that we miss out on because we are stuck in the past.”
Until next time.