In the frigid gloom (for Northeast Florida; ok… closer to 50 degrees), YHC greeted the Pax behind a Darth Vader mask, reminding them that he wasn’t their father (cue the movie trailer) … and that he was too busy conquering intergalactic space to be an exercise professional. Thus, knowing one’s abilities and limitations, and performing within them was highly advised. YHC intended to wear said mask for the remainder of the workout, but the lack of vision (and oxygen) behind the plastic encasement altered this lofty goal. More on the mask momentarily…
Scarecrow slings x 15 (ssh with one arm at a time)
Zombies x 13 (Toy soldiers)
Vampire V ups 20 oyo
Ghost grabbers x 20 (Michael Phelps)
Creature Merkins 10 oyo
- Mosey to parking lot for Witch Burners: 5 lines—4 per line/ Each line does AMRAP in 10’. Hair burn down 50 yds. Return plate over- head/ Partners are doing plank jacks, then Air Jordans, then LBCs. Rinse and repeat until nausea.
- Mosey to Bear Crawl Hall for Creepy Crawly: one leg wheel barrow for 30 yds to benches (switch halfway): Creature Merkins 10 oyo. Fireman’s carry back to original spot (switch halfway).
- Mosey back to parking lot for Devil Dash: Duck walk or lunge to the 20-yard (cone 1) line, 20 Merkins, reverse bear crawl back to goal line. Repeat to the 30 and 40 yds.
- Indian run to flag, with last man doing 5 Merkins before sprinting to first position.
- Ghostbusters (Ray Parker Jr. song) —burpee with each ‘ghost’ or ‘ghost buster’ and scarecrow slings
COT/CR/NR/Announcements/ Prayer requests
Third F thoughts: Halloween is about having fun in the dark and that’s ok—for a day. But what about us? Do we live in the dark shadows? Do we wear a mask to hide the true us? Do we do things in secret that others don’t know of (internet porn, flirting w co-worker). The shadows are a truly scary place to be, because that is where our lives are vulnerable and we unravel. I encourage us to live in the light and be a light for one another. 1 john 1:6-7: If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another.