- When: 12/23/17
- QIC: McDreamy
- The PAX: Outhouse, Full Monty, Jock Strap, Cramer, Seinfeld, Osteen, Gizzard, Wahoo, Pyro, Bada Bing, Peg, Zamboni, FNG-- Little Boner (welcome), Sand Crab, Cornhole, Squeege, Bada Boom, Slash, Rim Shot, Skim, Check Please, PomPom, Keebler, MadHatter
As YHC rolled into the Poseidon parking lot, he welcomed the cool, salt-tinged air as it bathed his sensitive nostrils. But…what’s that other ’less pleasant’ odor…? YHC quickly learned that several Pax had ventured on a pre-workout run in an effort to begin preparation for spring Spartanmania. Their return to the parking lot definitely heralded a ‘change in the winds’…
In 9 days, it will be 2018—we speak generically about being a better man, but what ONE THING (specific) will you pick up or leave behind in the coming year in an effort to be a better man?
- tempo Merkins x 15
- Hillbillies x15
- “Dew Ferries”— one arm SSH, x 20, count in falsetto. YHC had not previously appreciated the vocal range of these manly men!
- Chinook squats (in cadence, squat on 4) x 15
- LBCs—30 oyo
1. “Few of us can fundamentally change the world, but a man always has the power to change himself.”
Pair up and run 1/5th mile. Discuss: Do I need to change something in my life in 2018 and if so what stands in my way? Mucho Chesto Suicides–20 hand release merkins, Leap frog across field, then 20 Werkins, 20 Diamond, 20 Left Stagger, then 20 Right Stagger. Al Gore for 6.
2. “Thoughts lead to actions—habits—character—destiny.” Pair up w/ different partner; run 1/5th mi to pull up station and discuss—what specific things can we do to control our thought life ? Partner Pullups—P 1 = Pull up Squats—with palms to ground; P2= sprints around the outside of the playground, the pair does 80 pullups (modification is burpee squat)
3. “If your habits don’t line up with your dream, then you need to either change your habits or change your dreams”. Run 1/5th mi around skatepark to volley ball courts and discuss a specific dream/ desire for your life (or family) that not many people know about? ‘Dora’s Day at the Beach: 100 burpees, 100 sumo squats, 100 Air Jordans for the pair– P 1 = elbow crawls across two sand courts—lunges back while other partner exercises.
4. “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” Run 1/5th mi and discuss what’s in your daily routine that’s valuable or that you need to change? Wheelbarrow Cross 5 cones at 20, 40, 60, 80, 100. Wheelbarrow to each and each man do 10 Iron Cross. Alternate Wheelbarrow drivers.
5. Rom 12:2—“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind… “Different partner—how could this verse pertain to successful goal setting? Partner Plank Hurdles—p1 planks, p2 leaps over then planks (back to flag at center field). One arm plank for the 6.
Finish—sprint to cones at 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%. Repeat.
COT/ NR/ CR/ BOM
Final thoughts: A lot of us are bottom line kinda guys. Ben Franklin did it best: “Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones”. On average, it takes 66 days to make a habit. That’s just over 2 months—what ONE THING will you do or not do, beginning on Jan 1st and continue through March 5th that will have a positive impact for you and your family in 2018?