- When: 01/04/18
- QIC: Cornhole
- The PAX: Madhatter, Dollar Bill, Gizzard, Outhouse, Sienfield, Sandcrab, Tinker Toy, McDreamy and yours truly Cornhole
As YHC pulled into the Badlands parking lot as a reindeer named “Sphen” ran across the road (YHC thought that was odd) but kept going to place cones out for the upcoming workout. He yet again encountered some weird wildlife as a Polar Bear had to be run off of Jessica Field. Good thing “Olaf” the snowman was there to assist to get the cones set and out in time before the PAX showed up. It was a glorious time as YHC and Olaf broke out into song “Let it Go” waiting for Anna and Elsa to show up but they never came. Finally the PAX started to roll in on their sleighs, snowmobiles and even 1 dog sled. YHC encouraged everyone to keep moving to warm up. The mumblechatter consisted of “this isn’t cold compared to where I was at during Christmas”, “I cant feel my hands”, “I would keep moving to stay warm but I cant, I stepped in a puddle and my feet are frozen to the ground”. 8 brave soles braced us with their presence ITG, attire mainly consisted of snow pants, parka’s, wool hats and kitten mittens. This is how it all went down.
The Warmorama (COP) aka “Coldorama” this am
- 18 burpees oyo (for the new year and because why the heck not)
- 18 SSH IC
- 18 Hillbillies IC
- 18 Chinooks IC (DNR, reverse)
- Ring of Fire (who doesn’t have a fire when its below freezing in FL, how else are you going to warm up)
- PAX planks while P1 does 10 Merkins, next person etc. until all PAX completes. Plank isn’t broken until all PAX done.
- PAX counts for Bandlander as they exercise
Mosey to middle parking lot of the AO, alternating between high knees and butt kicks. YHC asks PAX to circle up for some words of encouragement.
We are at war gentlemen. Everyday we face battles, being at home, at work and mainly internally with ourselves. In every battle there are 2 sides, your side and then your enemy. There was a book written about 2500 years ago by Sun Tzu called the ART of WAR, know one really knows who he was but he is believed to be a great military leader of his time. (It’s a quick read, I highly recommend it). The books talks about how to win a war and battles, mainly strategy and how to be victorious. One quote that was the focus of today. “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not your enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle” PAX then encourage to dig deep as we are going to push ourselves today to better understand our personal strengths and weaknesses. Following questions posed
- Do you know your strengths?
- Do you know your weaknesses?
- Do you truly know yourself?
Since there was 9 of us PAX completed all exercises together
- 4 stations that had a different exercise performed at each. YHC keep time and exercises were completed OYO at 1 min intervals, then mosey to next station
- Flutter kicks
- Kraken Burpees (burpee with 3 no handed merkins)
- Mountain Climbers
- 1 legged Burpees (burpee performed only using 1 leg through entire exercise)
Mosey to Jessica Field
More words of encouragement talking about how we need to know ourselves, but know we need to also know our enemy and in order to know our enemy (weakness, fear, temptations) once must push themselves to the point in which these “enemies” present themselves.
- What are your enemies?
- What are you going to do to overcome your enemy?
- How are you going to be victorious in battle?
Formed 3 groups of 3 and completed the following exercises
- Cones at 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards
- P1 goes to cone and back, while P2 and P3 perform as many exercises as possible, air chair on the six. Burpee pace was approx. 10 per min.
- Cone 1
- Bear crawl to jog back
- Exercise – Apollo Creed Burpee (1 armed merkin burpee)
- Cone 2
- Lung to jog back
- Exercise – Clurpee (hand clap merkin)
- Cone 3
- Kareoke to jog back
- Exercise – Wolverine burpee (1 merkin, lift right leg, merkin, lift left leg, merkin, up, that’s 1)
- Cone 4
- Sprint to jog back
- Exercise (everyone’s favorite BTW) David Lee Roth Burpee (jump kick instead of jump up at end) I think I almost heard Eddie van Halen shredding or could have been the icicles in my ears.
- Cone 1
PAX forms line on goal line and then does the Burpee Yard Dash
- Burpee then frog jump, burpee then frog jump ect. from goal line to 50 yds line. Air chair on the six
Mosey back to flag doing an indian run
- Last person does 1 burpee and 5 merkins
- Went until all PAX compelted 2x
Circled up around the flag and then one more Ring of Fire (Indian run style)
- All PAX did Tempo Merkins in Cadence while PAX in order ran around circle, next person went when prior person returned
- Total 45 Tempo Merkins
COT Count o Rama
YHC gave a congratulations to the PAX as they had won their 2nd battle of the day. 1) the fact they showed up. 2) they just completed and unpressedented amount of 6 different kinds of Burpees. YHC had some good news and some bad news
- Bad news, battles are not over. Even as we leave here today some will face battles on their ride home.
- Good news, the war is already won. There was another book written 2000 years ago as well which claims victory over this life and then next (the Bible). My GOD promises the following 1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And GOD is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted he will also provide a way out so you can endure it”
- Scripture doesn’t say as a believer you will no longer tempted, and I pose that the stronger your faith the more temptations (ENEMIES) you will face.
- But GOD promises he will provide you a way out so you CAN, ensure it, not that you will endure it.
Will you accept GOD’s out or will you choose to lose the battle and succumb to your enemies?
THE QUESTION IS “ARE YOU A CAN OR A CANNOT WARRIOR”
Prayer requests for Dollar Bill as his wife is traveling this week. Prayers for 2o18 and all the JAX PAX along with those we have yet to meet and bring into our fold.