32 Pax welcomed their Labor day with vigor as we corralled in the Boondocks for a convergence beatdown. Several Real Men dollied for 3-5 miles beforehand, and in so doing, sought answer to the age- old question: Why does a man beat himself over the head with a hammer? Answer: Because it feels so good when he stops…
We had one FNG (Friendly New Girl) join us—Dolla’ Bill’s 2.0 (aka Dime), who absolutely tore it up… translation: “I can do more pull ups than my daddy”….
Welcome, Warm Up and Round 1 (Twister = Q)
- Lot’s o’ stuff that I mostly don’t remember…but we did Don Quixote, Toy Soldiers, flutter kicks, tempo merkins…
- Mosey to playground for ‘mini-Murph: 10à 1 pull- ups, push-ups, squats
Round 2 (Pyro = Q)
- Lots of burpess as praise/ punishment for F3’s core principles.
- Ferris Wheel: Wheelbarrow back and forth in a spoke fashion with 25 iron crosses at each spoke end.
- CDDM: partner exercise. P1 did crawl bears to 10 yds, 10 donkeykicks, duckwalks back to goal line, 10 merkins. P2 did calf raises. Flap jack and descalate to 2, counting by 2s.
Round 3 (McDreamy = Q)
- Spartan Circle (a 5 station Tabata, 40”/ 10”, 3 rounds, a variety of exercises were executed. During the SC, the pax grievously mumblechatter/ complained about YHC’s music selections. His tender feelings were damaged, and this lead to…
- Tubthumping burpeefest, and
- Half field suicides at 50 and 100% effort x 2 rounds
We have worked hard this morning (‘labored’ on Labor Day). We made an intentional choice to be better/ to grow. Let’s remember: There is no growth without change, no change without loss, no loss without some pain. If you are going to grow, you will have to change, and change means letting go of some old things in order to grab hold of some new things. It’s like swinging on a trapeze. The trapeze artist swings out on one bar and then has to reach out and grab the other one. At some point, he’s got to let go of one to grab on to the other, or he’s not going to make it to the other side. If he thinks he can hold on to both, what happens? He gets stuck in the middle, and he’s going to fall. Some of us are stuck in the middle, and we’re falling because we haven’t let go of the old patterns, the old habits, and the old ways of thinking. We have to let go of your old ways, to make way for the new and better things in our lives.
Love you Guys-