The 17 Pax who met YHC at the O’dark 30 flag were treated to an 80’s hairband classic from the Scorpions: Rock You Like Hurricane. YHC took the opportunity to remind the brethren of the impending storm a few hundred miles north. Given our collective experience with Matthew and Irma, we know what’s coming. Fortunately, we aren’t in the target, but it begs the question: How do we survive life’s storms?
- One arm SSH
- Chinook squat
- Parker peter
- Hand release merkin 10 oyo
- Hello Dolly
First field to left:
- Nascar: Bear crawl/ Crawl bear/ duck walk or lunge for 3 left laps around the flag
- Fencepees: 8–>1 burpees oyo jumping over fence aafter each set
- Ferriswheel: pair up; P1 wheelbarrows out 20 hand paces (count both hands) and does 20 derkins; flapjack on the return trip; rd 2 20 dips of planking partner, flap jack; rd 3 20 box jumps over p1’s legs at 6 inches
To concession stand:
- Jail break sprint to field house—partner p1 balls to wall, p2 to field house; rd 2 is one- arm plank; rd 3 is air chair
½ lunge/ ½ crawlbear to field house—20 speed step- ups/ 10 creature merkins
To adjacent field:
- FIRE DRILL– PAX in a circle, high knees. Each PAX calls out “Fire” all PAX hits the ground rolls right, merkin, roll back left, another merkin, then back up chopping. Go around the circle with the “stop, drop and roll” until all PAX have called “Fire”.
Mosey to flag
How do we survive the storms in our life?
- Prepare our minds and bodies
- Be patient—the storm will pass
- Seek shelter with your brothers
- Remember WHO controls the storm, and lean in—
Psalm 46:1-2 – “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.”
BOM/CR/NR/ announcements and prayers