Overnight rain couldn’t keep 16 PAX from coming out and enjoying a baseball conditioning style workout. YHC is a huge baseball fan and with the Playoffs upon us I figured we needed a workout on the diamond.
The theme of the day was embracing our weaknesses. Over the last 4+ months, I have had a physical transformation. As exciting as that was, the physical transformation only opened my eyes to other weaknesses that I had in my life. As men, our tendency is to hide or avoid weaknesses. My challenge to you today is to embrace that weakness because it can make you stronger. As you will see with the closing passage, even the Apostle Paul had to learn this valuable lesson.
SSH x 15 (IC)
Michael Phelps x 10 (IC)
Little Baby Arm Circles (Foward/backward) x 10 (IC)
Reacher x 10 (IC)
Hilbilly x 10 (IC)
Toy Soldier x 10 (IC)
1. Mosey to Bear Crawl Hall (mixed in a few butt kicks to wake up the quads)
– Broke up into two lines to Indian Bear Crawl to the Bleachers
2. Baseball Dora 1-2-3
– Broke up into pairs- person 1 ran the bases, person 2 exercised.
– 100 merkins, 200 squat jumps, and 300 LBCs per team.
3. Triangles (YHC had to embrace his old baseball weakness here).
– PAX ran from home plate to the right field foul pole, then from the right field foul pole across to the left field foul pole, then from the left field foul pole to home plate.
– At each point, the PAX did an exercise. First lap 30 reps, second lap 20 reps, final lap 10 reps.
– Right field pole- Merkins, Left field pole- Flutter kicks, Home plate- Squats
4. One final triangle to serve as a gasser
– 20 LBCS, 20 bicycles, Plank for 6.
F2 Gathering Friday night at 5:30. See slack reminder as I forgot where it is.
Prayers for those on IR.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
I am beyond thankful for you men. Have a great day!