Gravy lost more than half of me…this one’s for Gravy…who didn’t post (knee)
In a rare moment of reflection and thought, I reflected on when I was training for football camp. We would run a 5k timed, 10 x 110 yard sprints timed and then lift. So, the run workout became a rewind in time for YHC…without the intensity (oh but we will build it up my fine feathered friends…we WILL build it up).
- Peter Parkers
- Parker Peters
- Run for 25 minutes in parking lot
- Congregate on football field goal line – run 110 yard sprints then jog back – SSH waiting for 6 and go (Rinse and repeat 4x)
- Abs…lots of abs in a row – each for 1 minute straight figure 8’s, windshield wipers, piston planks, star crunches, side plank crunches, shoulder rolls each way
- we have never really taxed our abs before – YHC youtubed a particular ab routine that is difficult – more rest than usual but the PAX understood the point – we did them right and it hurt…
- YHC wants to work on windsprints more since it is less taxing on the skeletal body than jogging long miles and it helps get us in a different level of shape – the PAX crushed these sprints – special shout outs to Airbags, McDreamy, Papa Smurf and Yard Sale who left no excuse out there…the rest of us fart sacked a little due to injuries and excuse – I promise to fix that for myself next time
- goal here is to get 3 miles under the belt prior to 30 minutes then sprints – try to get to 10 in 10 minutes (ouch)
Prayers for hurricane relief/IR/Yard Sale’s daughter – those that need it.
Always a pleasure.