Despite late nights watching as much NCAA basketball as possible, 6 PAX fought the fartsack and posted for a Bracket-Busting Beatdown at Boondocks. YHC was not in a great mood after checking his bracket after Round 1 and finding two of his Sweet 16 (Wisconsin and Iowa State) have already bowed out of the tournament. He also was not pleased about no PAX member remembering to bring a basketball today. Luckily, a coach is always prepared and enough for the PAX to share his balls. That sounds so wrong….
COP (all IC)
- 10 Burpee penalty for no PAX bringing b-ball
- SSH x 32 (# teams left in the tournament)
- LBAC forward/backwards x15
- Raise the roof x 15
- Merkins x15
- LBCs x15
Mosey to playground for 1st and 2nd Rounds.
- 6-pack ladder: 1 pull-up, 5 merkins, 2 pull-ups, 4 merkins, 3 pull-ups, 3 merkins, etc. Up (Round 1) and back down (Round 2) with repeat at the top.
Indian Run to the covered playground at the school for the Sweet 16-
- PAX member running to the front had to dribble the baskeball
- Vertical leaps with attempt to touch edge of tent x10
- Repeat at each side of tents (2 tents)
Mosey to basketball courts for Elite 8
- Dribble down court, cone-to-cone, stop at last cone and attempt jump shot
- Dribble back other way, cone-to-cone, lay-up at final cone
- PAX not on court performed air chair or squat exercises and provided shooter countdown from 6 (shooter has 6 seconds to make shot)
- 1 burpee for every missed jump shot (coaches hate missed open jump shots)
- 2 burpees for every missed lay-up (coaches hate missed lay ups even more)
- Total penalty count (2 rounds total): 27
- Suicide Mucho-chest-o
- Diamond on ball
- Staggered Merkin Left
- Staggered Merkin Right
- Teams of 3- two rebounders, 1 shooter; each PAX on each team rotate through to be shooter once
- Rebounders place balls at designated locations around the lane and top of the key
- Shooter rotates through designated locations, grabs ball from ground and attempts to make shot
- Make as many shots as you can in 1 minute
- 1 point for every shot in the lane/free throw line
- 2 points for shot made from the top of the key
- Winners picks exercise (10 reps for winners, 20 for losers)
- For the record, Team 1 (Fix It, Culpepper and Extinguisher) narrowly defeated Team 2 (Twister, Butcher and Feud) 16-15
Game on the Line
- Pressure Free throws: PAX line up at half court in plank position, with “next” PAX up in plank on basketball. First PAX member bear crawls to free throw line then attempts free throw. Miss = 10 merkins for PAX. Make = bear crawls back in line at half court.
- Total misses: 3 for 30 Merkins for the PAX
Mosey back to flag
Naked Man Moleskin
The PAX of JAX brought their A-game to the Boondocks basketball courts. YHC enjoys these basketball themed beatdowns. They never fail to demonstrate that that Jacksonville is a football town…
No matter who you are, life comes with challenges. At times, these challenges can become overwhelming. They can lead to madness. Whether it is stresses at work, low points in relationships, losing the battle with whatever demons haunt us; whatever it is, find a way to decompress in a healthy way-exercise, talk with a trusted friend, etc.
This past week, my M had a relative who took his own life. Unfortunately, this was the third relative on her father’s side of the family who has committed suicide, including her father. Depression tends to run in families, a fact that we are very cognizant about. Interestingly enough, when people are injured, they see a doctor, but when they have depression, they try to figure things out on their own, or told to suck-it-up. This can be a chemical imbalance that can be treated with medications, just like insulin for a diabetic.
One way to combat it is to keep relationships strong. This past week’s 43 Feet podcast was on our M, and one of the points Dredd and Dark Helmet made was that we should strive to constantly accelerate our relationships, especially with our M. Are you accelerating with your relationships (working on them, making them better) or decelerating them (not spending quality time)? I am not a mental health therapist, but I would imagine that those with strong relationships are less likely to be depressed or harm themselves because they have others to live for instead of wondering if it is enough to live for themselves. If you know someone suffering from this disease, reach out to him or her. If you are suffering from this disease reach out to a brother. We are here to pick up the 6.
- Prayer for the PAX and God’s blessings for the upcoming week
- Lord’s Prayer and Pledge