YHC was most pleased to find 13 smiling faces at 0530 Davis Park reveille. Counting himself, the magic EVEN number of 14 launched into the workout. YHC asked the men to consider, “what is your plan when (not if) the STORMS come into your life?”
Limp Michael Phelps
YHC posed the question, “who are the King, Queen, and Jester in F3 parlance?—the answer was mostly correct, so only a 10 burpee penalty was administered…
- IFMs: Indian Fence Merkins: Each man did 5 merkins in his rectangle along the outfield fence, jumped the fence and flapjack. This was combined with an Indian run by the first man to the front of the line, when he yelled ‘clear’…making way for the next man. Inside Out complained (per usual), though most seemed to welcome this new adventure in torture…
- Jail Break: Partner 1 did people’s chair at concession stand while partner 2 leaped the fence and touched home plate. Flapjack. Rds 2 and 3 were balls to wall and planks, respectively.
- Bearcrawl/ lunge to field house
- 20 box jumps/ derkins/ irkins on bleachers
- Tabata 4 exercises/ 3 rds: Air Jordan/ Skater lunge/ mountain climbers/ flutter kicks
- Crawl Bear/ skip to big lot
Various running styles until we got the Outhouse, and then it was AYG to the flag…
Not all storms come to disrupt your life. Some come to clear your path…
James 1:2-4…2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Stay on the path to your purpose in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement we all face.