Five pax showed their support for YHC (and arguably their lack of good judgment) by posting for the second monthly-ish unsanctioned Northside beatdown that somehow got named Dronefield. These pax know from firsthand experience that YHC is no professional, so a disclaimer was deemed unnecessary. With coupons in hand, we set out to make this the hardest part of our day.
Conditions: Hinting at next week’s heat wave
- 12 x Don Quixote IC
- 12 x Michael Phelps IC
- 15 x Reachers IC
- 10 x Lateral coupon jump overs OYO
- 10 x Forward/backward coupon jump overs OYO (maybe a disclaimer was necessary after all)
Cinder Block 11’s:
- Round 1 – Lunges & Overhead squats
- Plank for the 6
- Round 2 – Thrusters & KBS
- 6″ for the 6
- Round 3 – Blockees & Curls
- Flutter kicks for the 6
- Start at the intersection of 9th and Laura, the center of the “compass”
- Run one block east to Main, 25 Werkins, run back, 25 Werkins
- Run one block north to 10th, 25 Merkins, run back, 25 Merkins
- Run one block west to Silver, 25 Diamond Merkins, run back, 25 Diamond Merkins
- Run one block south to 8th, 25 stagger left Merkins, run back, 25 stagger right Merkins
- Total: 200 Merkins
- About halfway through the second set of thrusters was when Bowzer dubbed this particular combination of 11’s “a bucket of suck.”
- Pyro smoked us all on the Iron Compass and achieved near-Farah sweat levels in the process.
- Confession time – YHC was so out of it that I forgot to modify to Diamond and stagger Merkins on the third and fourth legs and just suffered through reg’lar Merkins the whole way.
- In all seriousness, I can’t say enough how grateful I am for brothers who would come out of their way to support me and accommodate my geographic limitations in this season. Without community, I’m toast.
- Memorial Day MURPH at Anthill @ 0700. Nan’tan Heisenberg has declared it. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.
- Bowzer – M’s health; starting new career, need to start generating income before quitting current day job
- PUD – SOD is graduating this week!
- Drone – isolation, humility to ask for help (need guys checking in), M’s ongoing health struggles
Until next month (hopefully sooner),
Drone – signing off.