9 men beat the fartsack this wet Saturday morning to get better at Boondocks. YHC asked the PAX to be thinking during the workout about areas where we have stopped improving. Whether we hit a goal or accomplished something big, what are those areas of our lives where we have hit the finish line and closed the book on getting better? I assured the PAX I was not a professional and we were off.
SSH x 15 (IC)
Michael Phelps x 10 (IC)
Arm Circles (both ways) x 10 (IC)
Mosey to football field and back
Reacher x 10 (IC)
Toy Soldier x 10 (IC)
Hilbilly x 10 (IC)
– Mosey to turf field.
– The Merkin Ladder
– Run to the 50 yard line, 1 Merkin.
– Run back to goal line, 2 Merkins.
– Rinse and repeat until we completed 20 merkins.
– Great work here as we did 210 merkins.
– Bearcrawl 11
– Standard 11, but instead of running we bearcrawled between the goal line and 10 yard line.
– Started with 1 burpee and 10 squats.
– Rinse and repeat until we were at 10 burpees and 1 squat.
– Total burpees and squats: 55
– The Squat Ladder
– Run to the 50 yard line, 1 squat
– Run back to goal line, 2 squats
– Due to time, we did this for 8 minutes
– I think we got up to 15 squats
– Total Squats: 120
– Indian Run Core Work
– Pax lined up and did a full rotation Indian Run
– After the last person sprinted, we did 30 flutter kicks
– Another Indian run
– After the last person sprinted, 40 LBCs
– Another Indian run
– After last person sprinted, 50 Freddy Mercurys
– Indian run to flag.
To close YHC shared a post from Navy Seal David Goggins about the dog mentality. He had met a football player who asked him how he stayed motivated. The football player achieved his goal of playing in the NFL and after crossing that finish line struggled to stay motivated. Goggins said he had a dog and he could feed that dog all day and it never gets full. We have to have a dog mentality where we want to be the best version of ourselves we can be. If you lost weight, got a new job, etc. Be the best you can be. Are we being the best husbands, fathers, friends, and PAX we can be?
Closed with Philippians 3:12-14
12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Prayers- Fiddy Cent’s assitant Lamar passed away this week. Prayers for the family and friends. Travel mercies for Doinks son and Whip its family.
Closed with prayer and pledge.
Great job by all. Thanks for letting me lead.