17 men came to the Gloom ready for a good pre-Christmas beatdown. The message was simple– at this time of year we take assessments– for some that is sales numbers, profits, etc– for this group we should be asking ourselves are we the husband our wives deserve, the fathers our kids deserve, the employees our companies deserve, the men we should be.. On to the workout: Steve Jobs and my Apple Watch told me that we ran about 3.4 miles, burned 771 calories, and averaged a heart rate of 159 bpm for our hour. Good work!
- Partner runs to entrance of dunkin.. 10s- 10 merkins, 10 flutterkicks, 10 bb situps, 10 monkey humpers, 10 swimmers.. repeat circuit.. we’ll do a few rounds.. good form, only doing 10 of each.. Repeat..
- Partner sprints to 1st entrance, 10 merkins, slow mosey back.. other partner: 10 alt shoulder taps, 10 air pullups, 10 hello dollies, 10 heels to heaven, 10 smurfjacks.. Repeat..
- Partner sprints to 1st entrance. 10 merkins, slow mosey back.. other partner- core blaster: lbc, supermans, flutterkicks, birth canals.. Repeat 3 times total..
– Mosey back to the Welcome Center with a little stop in between to show off for the locals.. 10 Burpees, Monkey Humpers and Pickle Pounders.. Airbags loves pickle pounders..
– Back at the welcome center we’re now off script.. So what to do? We did a bunch of flutter kicks, hello dollies, supermans, merkins.. started a cool down and then finished with 11 burpees to give our Christmas Challenge pax their number..
Announcements: 4 weeks to the Kraken! Talked about ensuring we have Qs for all our workouts. Convergence at Goodlands on Wednesday for Christmas.
Prayer Requests: Saigon’s friend Danny possibly losing his business. All of us in a high-paced time of travel, Christmas, year end..
My last Q of the year– of the decade– can’t say enough how thankful I am to have found this group of HIM this year. No matter whether it is a big group of 17 on a Saturday or a small group of 4 on a Wednesday or an off day of rucking/running and a small group– there is always a group of like-minded men there for support. Keep getting after it gents– looking forward to 2020.