5 HIM of Fleming Island posting in the gloom a little dazed and confused. Instructions from YHC on the Slack-wire were to bring light-weight coupons and no Cindy! Well that’s odd. Pax would be happy in the end with the selection of choice.
- SSH x20 IC
- Imperial Walkers x15 IC
- Don Quixote x10 IC
- LBAC forward/backwards x10 IC
- BAC backwards/forwards x10 IC
- Squats x10 IC
- Carolina Dry Docks x10 IC
- Mosey to the b-ball court in the church parking lot
YHC came oh so close to sweeping the F3 Jax virtual competitions this year. Having won the FFL earlier this year, he was in position to take the NCAA tournament. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be as Gonzaga was running on empty when they went up against Baylor in the championship game. It has been a crazy year primarily due to the pandemic, and what better way to introduce this basketball themed beatdown than on a court with jacked up rims and shattered backboards. But before you shoot, you must work on your footwork.
- Updraft shuffles up one section of parking lot and back down on the opposite side
Even though its in a parking lot, you can’t go to a basketball court and not do suicides, and since it was the Baylor Bears that won the tourney:
- Bearcrawl suicides with 5 derkins at baseline
Passing-layup drill: Pax scattered from baseline to baseline. Pax 1 inbounds to pax 2 who passes it to pax 3, etc until pax 5 receives the final pass near the opposite baseline and performs a layup. After the shot, everyone rotates forward with pax 5 running to opposite baseline to run the drill again. 2 rounds.
- Layup stat line: 3 of 10 shooting, 2 dropped passes = 9 burpees because coach hates dropped passes and open layups
- Crabwalk suicides with 5 dips at baseline
Passing-three-point line drill: Same concept as above. Pax picked a spot on the three-point line, passing around the line for an open shot.
- Three-point stat line: 2 of 10 shooting, 2 dropped passes = 10 burpees because coaches hate missed open shots
Lay-ups: Pax 1 has 30 seconds to make 10 lay-ups while rest of pax at three-point line in air chair. Each lay-up made, we subtract 10 reps from an announced 100 rep exercise with coupons. Sasquatch and Crotchless got us 10 so the exercises performed whereas followed:
- Concentration curls x50
- Shoulder flies x50
- Bicep curls/shoulder press combo x30
Pressure Free Throws: One pax at the free throw line, one shot while rest of pax at mid-court in plank position. Made free throw, pax returns to mid-court via bear crawl. Missed free throw, all pax perform 10 merkins.
- Free throw stat line: 2 of 5
Pax final stat line: 5 of 20 from the field (2 of 10 from the arc) and 2 of 5 from the charity stripe. As I always say, the pax proudly displayed why we are a football town.
Mosey to the flag.
- Upcoming CSAUP events
- F3 Cleveland
- Memorial day weekend at beaches
- Big Bird and family recovering from illness
- Crotchless and family as they meet with MD re: Ian’s recent scans
- Feud’s cousin Marc and his struggles; safe travels for his daughter coming home from UCF
- Lord’s prayer