8 in the pax at Asgard, including 1 FNG, posting in the gloomidity that is the beginning of Memorial Day weekend. As previously announced, we would be performing the Murph, in honor of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for this wonderful nation of ours. Disclaimer given and we began. Weather started out at a nice and comfortable 71 degrees with 85% humidity. We weren’t comfortable for very long… Welcome Jiggypuff! You picked a good day to be an FNG!
- SSH x20 IC
- Hillbillies x10 IC
- Goofball x20 IC
- Don Quixote x10 IC
- Reach Throughs x10 IC
- Squats x10 IC
- Merkins x10 IC
As is tradition for F3 and cross-fit gyms around the nation on Memorial Day, it was time for the Murph- workout in honor of Lt. Michael Murphy and his bravery and sacrifice. With the 1-mile course explained to the pax by Big Bird (thank you, sir), we began.
- The Murph
- 1-mile run
- 100 pull ups
- 200 merkins
- 300 squats
- 1-mile run
- Fast holes circled back for the six
- Return to COT for 3 minutes of stretches
- Following the standard name-o-rama, pax were given the opportunity to talk about those for whom they performed the Murph.
- Captain Benjamin Salomon, US Army, died at age 29 during WW II due to multiple gunshot and bayonet wounds- many of which he sustained while still alive
- Sgt Bradley S. Crose, US Army, 75th Ranger Regiment, died at age 22 during Operation Anaconda outside Gardez, Afghanistan on March 4, 2002; Bradley graduated from Orange Park High School in 1998
- Corporal Patrick Tillman, US Army, 75th Ranger Regiment, 2nd Ranger Battalion, died at age 27, in Spera, Khost Province, Afghanistan on April 22, 2004 due to friendly fire during the War in Afghanistan.
- Sgt. Carlos M. Camacho-Rivera, US Army, 368th Transportation Company, 11th Transportation Battalion, died November 5, 2004 at the 31st Combat Hospital in Bagdad, Iraq from wounds sustained in a rocket blast earlier that day in Fallujah during Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Sgt. 1st Class Edward Kramer, US Army, 120th Combined Arms Battalion, died at age 39 on June 29, 2009 in Bagdad, Iraq when and IED detonated near his vehicle.