YHC was greeted by 10 Pax in the pre-Elsa gloom! Today marks the 3 Year Anniversary for me. On 7-7-18, my work buddy F3 Backup invited me to a workout in Wrightsville Beach, NC and life has changed dramatically! I was so out of shape, 40 pounds or so heavier and not feeling great. I was traveling a lot at the time but got committed to working out every day and then Dollar Bill gave me a second EH to come to Badlands a few months later. I am very grateful to all the men of F3 Jacksonville who inspire me daily and to be part of F3 Nation!
- Hillbilly 10 IC
- Toy Soldiers 10 IC
- LBAC Forward & Back 10IC
- Michael Phelps 10IC
- Bear crawl to center 10 Merkins, crawl bear back.
- Side Straddle Hops 10 IC
- Imperial Walkers 10IC
YHC told the Pax that most of my resentments in life come from two things – either not getting something that I think I deserve or fear of losing something I have. How do we combat this? We’ll discuss after the beatdown.
Mosey lap around field to skate park
3 sets with plank variations between sets.
- 20 step ups (10 each leg)
- 20 Dips
- 20 Mountain climbers feet elevated
- Low plank for six, 10 count, Left arm behind back 10 count, Right arm behind back 10 count.
- 20 Split squats (10 each leg)
- 20 Decline Merkins (feet elevated)
- 20 V-Ups
- Low Plank for six, 10 plank punch IC.
- 20 Box Jumps (modify to step up)
- 20 Diamond Decline Merkins ( feet elevated)
- 20 American Hammers (L, R = 1)
- High plank for six. 10 shoulder taps IC.
Mosey lap around to field near pull-up bars.
- Cindy – AMRAP, 10 minutes, 5 pull-ups, 10 Merkins, 15 squats, 20 Flutter kicks. ( Pax should mix Merkins and pull-up type. Try to get 10 rounds!)
Pax mosey to goal line. Killer B’s.
- Run to 50, 5 burpees, Run back 10 Bobby Hurley’s, air chair for six
- Run 50, 5 burpees, run back 10 Bonnie Blair’s (L, R = 1), air chair for six
- Run 50, 5 burpees, run back 10 Big Boy Sit-ups, air chair for six
- Run 100 yards, LL Cool J back to 50 for COT
Back to the message before the workout. When I think about my needs too much it leads to unmet expectations and resentment. In our Newsletter this month’s core value is SERVICE. Service is the way to combat selfishness and self-centeredness and ultimately unhappiness. Service gets us in alignment to the Sky Q’s will for us and we find joy!
WE CHANGE OURSELVES TO CHANGE EACH OTHER TO CHANGE JACKSONVILLE.
“A LIFE NOT LIVED FOR OTHERS IS NOT A LIFE.” MOTHER TERESA
YHC encouraged PAX to look for opportunities to serve! Lots of opportunities to serve around us. Family, Friends, Community, F3 (Q’s, SLT, Trinity, Farm)!
Announcements- Tackleberry ruck Friday 7/23, Trinity every Friday 0600-0700, The Farm Saturday 0900-1000, F3 Anniversary 10/8-10/10 in Wilmington, NC.
Prayers for guidance on opportunities to serve others in our lives, prayers for Tackleberry’s buddy and family and Tackleberry as the grieve the loss. Prayers for all those in the path of Elsa. Prayers for the knowledge of your will and the power to carry it out. Amen!