YHC was greeted by 10 Pax in the gloom of Badlands ready to attack a new week. After a quick explanation about the F3 Mental Battle and how it originated we then jumped into the warmup.
- SSH 21 (for my 21 years of sobriety)
- Mountain climbers 10XIC
- Plank Jack 10XIC
- Merkins 10XIC
- Hillbilly 10XIC
- Reacher 10XIC
- Run a parking lot lap.
After warmup, partner up. In retrospect, I should have reduced time on the warmup exercises. 3 sets of a Dora style block workout. Each set will have stats about mental health and workplace mental health. NO OYO!
Round 1 ( one pax does rifle carry short parking lot lap while other pax does exercise. This was a aggressive. shoulders got smoked!)
- 50,000,000 adult Americans experienced mental illness in 2019.
- 56% of employees spend time looking for another job.
- 27,000,000 Americans with mental illness are unable to receive treatment.
- 100 Lunge-Curls
- 112 Overhead presses
- 54 Blockees
Round 2 ( one pax does alternating farmer carry short lap other does exercise)
- 60% of employees do not feel their management helps them to deal with stress.
- 33% of employees can’t afford their healthcare costs.
- 80% of employees reported feeling emotionally drained by their work.
- 120 Goblet Squats
- 66 Thrusters
- 160 Tricep Extension
Round 3 (partner run long lap other pax does exercise).
- 65% of employees find it hard to concentrate at work due the environment at work.
- Over 60% of youth with mental illness do not receive treatment.
- Over 60% of employees feel they don’t get paid enough to save for an emergency fund.
Exercises (we modified round 3 to complete on time 40 reps per exercise and no laps)
- 130 BBSU’s
- 120 Windshield wipers
- 120 Flutters holding block
A few things to leave you with:
- From the stats there are a lot of people around us struggling with mental health. By having shield locks we can build relationships with men to share with.
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in America. The percentage of men committing suicide is far greater than women.
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in America.
- 22 veterans commit suicide EVERY DAY.
“Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also more hard to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say ‘My tooth is aching’ than to say ‘My heart is broken.’ C.S Lewis
Announcements – Signup for Apryl Showers and Sandlot Jax!
Pax shared mental battles with family members during COT.
Again, please reach out for help if you need help. If you or someone you know needs immediate help, please reach out to 800-273-8255.
Prayers for the family members mentioned struggling with mental health issues, for Tazz family, for Heisenberg, my neighbor Colin Jaeger & Squeege’s friend from church battling cancer. Prayers for the men in the circle to willing to share and listen as needed with our family members, friends and fellow pax.