11 Pax greeted YHC on a chilly morning at HardNocs. We got warm quickly with penalty burpees since Zamboni and Bada Boom rolled in a tad late. After a quick explanation about the F3 Mental Battle and how it originated we then jumped into the warmup.
- Motivators from 10
- 21 merkins together ( 11 standard, 10 wide). For my 21 years of sobriety.
- Dog pissers 10X
- Pointers 10 count each side
- Side plank 10 count each side
- Down dog, cobra, spider man, good morning
- Stair lap
After warmup, partner up. 3 sets of Dora type workout but this time no blocks which was a great relief to YHC, Yard Sale, Tazz and DDay who all double downed. Each set will have stats about mental health and workplace mental health. NO OYO!
Round 1 ( one pax completed a stair lap while other completes the exercise)
- 50,000,000 adult Americans experienced mental illness in 2019.
- 56% of employees spend time looking for another job.
- 27,000,000 Americans with mental illness are unable to receive treatment.
- 100 Lunges
- 112 Merkins
- 54 Burpees
Round 2 (one pax completes 300 meter lap while other pax completes the exercise)
- 60% of employees do not feel their management helps them to deal with stress.
- 33% of employees can’t afford their healthcare costs.
- 80% of employees reported feeling emotionally drained by their work.
- 120 Jump Squats
- 66 Diamond Merkins
- 160 Shoulder Taps
Round 3 (one pax completes the stair lap while other pax completes the exercises)
- 65% of employees find it hard to concentrate at work due the environment at work.
- Over 60% of youth with mental illness do not receive treatment.
- Over 60% of employees feel they don’t get paid enough to save for an emergency fund.
- 130 LBCs
- 120 Box Cutters ( fan favorite LOL)
- 120 Flutter Kicks
A few things to leave you with:
- From the stats there are a lot of people around us struggling with mental health. By having shield locks we can build relationships with men to share with.
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in America. The percentage of men committing suicide is far greater than women.
- 22 veterans commit suicide EVERY DAY.
- Pax completed 22 Merkins together
Announcements – Signup for Apryl Showers and Sandlot Jax!
Pax shared mental battles with family members during COT.
Again, please reach out for help if you need help. If you or someone you know needs immediate help, please reach out to 800-273-8255.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Prayers for the family members mentioned struggling with mental health issues, for Tazz family, for Heisenberg, Colin Jager & Squeege’s friend battling cancer, for Narco’s Dad having surgery and for the men in the circle to willing to share and listen as needed with our family members, friends and fellow pax.