8 HIM of Fleming Island, posting in the Florida gloom and it was time to pay some dues (explanation below). With back-to-back convergences and the Hula Hustle last weekend, it has been quite a while since the pax had posted at Asgard. We had been enjoying unseasonably cooler temps lately here in NE Florida. This morning was a little warner than recent beatdowns. Unfortunately, this is just the beginning of dialing up the heat. With the temp at 71 degrees and humidity at 92%, we began.
- SSH x20 IC
- High Knees x20 IC
- Imperial walkers x15 IC (+1 burpee penalty for the Q for almost performing toy soldier instead of imperial walkers)
- Merkins x10 IC
- LBAC forward/backwards x15 IC
- Chinooks x12 IC
- Raise the roof x11 IC
- Alternating lunges x10 OYO (count each leg)
- Squats x10 IC
- Penalty “Big Bird” burpees for late arrival x10 OYO
As mentioned previously, it has been three weeks since the pax and Fleming Island had actually posted on Saturday at Asgard. Unfortunately, following that last post, an important item was left behind: the shovel flag. Agh! Good news is that the shovel was recovered, just not the flag. As co-site Q of Asgard, YHC takes full responsibility for the loss. With the flag replaced, and a return to a Saturday beatdown on location at Asgard, it was time to pay the penalty for such an egregious act.
- The Mogadishu Mile
- 1-mile run (cones out for 400m loop)
- 50 pull-ups
- Four rounds:
- 25 walking lunges
- 25 squats
- Four rounds:
- 25-yard sprint
- 25 merkins
- 100 squat thrusters
- 50 pull-ups
- 1-mile run
- Early finishers:
- Personal 10 count
- 10 Asgardian hammers
- Pick-up the six
All pax either finished or were on their last mile when time called.
YHC chose this beatdown for several reasons. He remembers this being a brutal beatdown from the first year of IPC Week 4. Fitting for a penalty beatdown for the loss of our flag. While we all screw up every now and then, and we seek and receive forgiveness, there is often a penance to pay. We paid it today. A second reason was to help perpetuate Slaughter’s message of doing the hard thing and not giving up. YHC used 400m loops for the mile to enable the pax to keep an eye on each other and hold each other accountable. The third and final reason: good practice for the upcoming Murph. Mission accomplished.
- 2.0 beatdown on Saturday, May 28th at 7 AM
- Murph at Asgard on Monday, May 30th, currently set for 5 AM, but open to push back time, will discuss this week
- Prayers for
- Big Bird for transition at work from trainee to full agent
- Roddy’s M and upcoming procedure for GI issues
- Crotchless’ youngest 2.0 (Owen) and YHC 2.0 (Hope) for anxiety issues
- Hatch for cardiac issues
- Those who continue to battle cancer (Barry Shinkoff’s M, Heisenberg, Ian, Gary, Bartles & Jaymes sister-in-law)
- Lord’s Prayer
Addendum: While packing things up, Cindy decided to “break-up” with YHC. While sadden by this development, he wondered why she waited until after the beatdown to break-up. Only way for him to get over her, is to find a new Cindy. I hear there are quite a few just around the corner.