21 in the pax posting at Thunderbolt Park in Fleming Island for a first time Asgardian 2.0 day! YHC greeted the regulars & their 2.0s. Explained my name is John, I’m a dad, Hope, aka Gbajabiamila is my daughter, and the men in this group of silly dads call me Feud. Asked if any of the kids had an F3 name already. Told the newbies that if they didn’t, they would get a special F3 name after completing their first F3 workout! YHC informed the group that F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith. Explained why each “F” is important. F3’s mission is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership. Explained what leadership is (influencing others to an advantage).
Five Core Principles: Free, Open to all men, always held outdoors, take turns leading, and ends in a Circle of Trust. Disclaimer- We’re here to move our bodies and have fun together. That’s what is important! I’m not trained to make up workouts, so if you feel uncomfortable doing an exercise… just come up with something fun and do that! Ready to have some fun and move our bodies?!
- SSH x10 IC
- Toy Solider x10 IC
- Goofballs x15 IC
- Merkins x5 IC
- Squats x10 IC
- Burpees x5 OYO
- The F3 Zoo- pax divided into 4 groups and headed to a cone. At each cone, a dad led the group in the exercise prescribed on the cone. Travel to the next cone via various modes of transport and next dad led. Exercises included:
- Monkey squats (had to clean it up for the 2.0s) x10 IC- Roar like a bear while bear crawling to next cone
- Seal jacks x10 IC- Bunny hop to next cone while saying, “Eh, what’s up doc?”
- Gorilla squats x10 IC- Duckwalk to next cone while quacking
- Butkis x20 IC- Frog jumps while ribbitting
- Playground Course- Dad and 2.0 ran the playground turned obstacle course while the rest of the pax performed and exercise called by the runners. Best exercise called: Tunnel of Love by Bartles & Jaymes.
- Rock-Paper-Scissors-Merkin- Pax introduced to the Bifrost of Asgard- the rainbow bridge of colorful hula-hoops (thank you Third Eye)
- Pax split into two groups, one at each end of the Bifrost
- First person in each line begins running towards the other following the path of the Bifrost
- Wherever they meet, its R-P-S time. Loser steps off the path and performs 10 merkins, winner continues while next person in line of pax who lost runs to meet the winner
- Goal is to reach the other side (Gadot, Crush, Woodshed, and Spartan made it to the other side safely)
- Freeze Tag
- Two freezers with blue pool noodles, two unfreezers with red pool noodles
- If frozen, must perform SSH until unfrozen
- Best strategy: Sasquatch who mimicked Drax the Destroyer’s ability to stand so perfectly still that no one could see him.
- Burpee Kickball
- Standard kickball formation
- Kicker kicks ball and attempts to score
- If runner out before reaching 2nd base: 15 burpees
- Out before reaching 3rd base: 10 burpees
- Out before reaching home plate: 5 burpees
- HR: no burpees
- Can be out either by tag, peg or ball beats kicker to first base.
- If runner catches an attempted peg, defense performs runner’s burpees
- If kicking team scores, defense performs 3 burpees
- Best outs (tie): the Fitzgerald boys (Crab legs and Pi) double teaming their dad, Mello, and Coca-Cola taking out his dad, Woodshed
YHC thanked all the dads for bringing their 2.0s out and for all the 2.0s for giving it their all and having fun. Let them know that we dads do this for them. We get in shape so we can be around longer in life to be there for them and their moms. We challenge ourselves, so that when adversity comes, we are more prepared. Talked about how the evil one is out there trying to break up the family unit, and how we rely on each other to make us stronger to defend against that.
We did Count-A-Rama, Name-A-Rama, prayer and pledge! Then it was off to the Mini Bar for coffee and doughnuts! It was a great morning.