School is out, Summer is heating up, and Father’s Day Weekend is upon up. That means it’s time for F3 Dads to wake up the 2.0s a little earlier than usual for a little fitness and some fun…mostly fun. YHC was joined this morning by my 2.1, Sugar Rush who is going to be helping me Q today’s workout, but before we get to the workout Saigon Sam tells all the F3 Dads and their 2.0s what the mission of F3 is. Our 2.0s like to ask questions like, why do you stink all the time? Who is that guy Prunetang and what does the nickname Check Please! mean? Why do you get up so early to run around in this heat? Well, today a lot of those questions got answered…not all of them, but 2 out of 3.
You see, today was more than a workout…it was about something bigger than ourselves. It wasn’t about our kids celebrating us as Fathers, but about us as Father’s becoming better Dads for our kids and allowing them to see that first hand. It’s about letting them see the other high impact men we spend time with and letting them know that these men will look out for them just like they look out for us as friends.
So YHC wanted to share a few things with the PAX and 2.0s that are important not only for our families but for society as a whole.
- There is a need for Fathers – The role of fatherhood is one of the most overlooked yet crucial roles in our society.
There is a need for Intentional Fathers – There are 5 types of Fathers, Irresponsible, Ignorant, Inconsistent, Involved or Intentional. Which one are you?
- There is a need for Fathers to invest in their children. It is easier to build strong children than broken men
- There is a need for Fathers to take initiative and invite your children on this journey with you. Spending time together
Warmup – Around the flagpoles – SSH, Arm Circles, The Reacher, Michael Phelps, Imperial Walkers, Hillbilly
Mosey to Parking lot for some High Knees and Butt Kickers
- Catch me if you can Race – kids get 10 and 20 second head starts and Dads have to try to catch them
- Last Lap, 10 squats, Dads Race Carrying Kids, 10 squats
The Thang n Games
- Walking Toy Soldier to Football Field
- Fire Drill – All Dads line up on the line and Kids do SSH while Dads do fast feet. Kids calling down for the adults Fire Drill Style
- Hungry Hungry Hippo – Golf Balls in a milk crate in the middle. Divide up into 6 teams of 5 and see which team can run to the middle and get the most golf balls. (Rinse and repeat with Bear Crawls)
- Exercise Dice – Circle Up…I think 20 burpees were rolled (that hurt), some merkins and a 1-min plank. YHC was hoping a water break would be rolled but to no avail.
- Red Light, Green Light (4-rounds) If caught, 5 burpees
- Bear Crawls
- Walking Lunges
- Crab Walk
- Circle Up for a little song and dance – Happy by Pharrell – On the word happy, do a burpee with a woohoo
- Freeze Tag – Once you are frozen, you must do squats. The only way to be unfrozen is for an untagged person to crawl through your legs
- Shoutout to Shooter for bringing the intensity to being “it” also everyone loved his rendition of the worm and attempt at a handstand later during COT
Mosey back to the circle for some ab exercised led by Sugar Rush and Roundoff