11 pax including 1 FNG were not tardy to the party and posted in the gloom of Asgard. As announced during the week, VQ week is fast approaching, so YHC felt that it was imperative the pax of Fleming Island have a Q-school. This was also a chance for veteran Q’s to tighten up loose ends that tend to occur without proper accountability. Introduction of YHC was followed by the disclaimer, then welcoming of our FNG, and then we were off…
- SSH x 10 IC
- Q discussed the importance of the sequencing of commands (including recover) and proper cadence- the biggest thing F3 Nation is picky about.
- SSH x15 IC
- Hillbillies x10 IC
- Merkins x10 IC
- Carolina Dry Docs x10 IC
- Squats x10 IC
As Q, you want to make sure to make the beatdown difficult, after all the pax didn’t fight the fartsack to come and do something easy.
- The Crimson- 10 pull-ups, run to cone, 10 burpees, back to 9 pull-ups, run to cone, 9 burpees… down to 1 pull-up and 1 burpee
Another good strategy to employ is to have the pax mosey from one location to another, or incorporate running within a circuit of exercises like a DORA 1-2-3, BOMBS, or …
- The Quarter Pounder
- Run 25 yards- 25 merkins- Bernie Sanders to the start
- Run 50 yards- 50 squats- Bernie Sanders to the start
- Run 75 yards- 75 mountain climbers- Bernie Sanders to the start
- Run 100 yards- 100 SSH- Bernie Sanders to the start
When you first Q, you may be nervous and anxious, which is natural and OK. Just remember to also have fun out there
- Partner Relay
- P1- Balls to the wall as to failure, then wall sit with overhead claps
- P2- runs to proximal side of the playground for wheel of Merkin x10 each direction, run to other end of playground for 10 pull-ups, run to picnic tables for bench jumps x10, return to P1 and switch
Pax had a different vision of “fun” so YHC decided to add to show them some love: The Tunnel of Love!
Return to COP
YHC reviewed the steps of the warm-o-rama or COP and called out pax who either haven’t Q’d or have only Q’d once to practice the start of an F3 beatdown. Feedback provided as needed.
- Animal- SSH x10 IC
- Mello- SSH x10 IC
- Maxwell- SSH x10 IC
- Crush- Flutter Kicks x10 IC
- Gadot- SSH x10 IC
- Six-Mill- SSH x10 IC
- CHiPs- Flutter Kicks x10 IC
The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small men’s workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership. Our five core principles are:
- Always Free
- Open to all men
- Held outdoors, rain or shine, hot or cold- adversity doesn’t always come on warm sunny days. When you are low, something else may come along that will try to bring you lower- test and strengthen yourselves to become more resilient to adversity
- Peer-led– YHC reminded the pax that no certification is required; the mission is to invigorate male community leadership- Q-ing gives a pax member an opportunity to serve and develop leadership skills. As the Q, you are the leader. You are responsible for the pax that post at your workout. As a F3 pax, we expect something hard. They did not fight the fartsack for something easy. Otherwise, they would have gone to Planet Fitness or stayed in bed. Make it hard but remember to watch for the 6. Our credo is to leave no man behind but leave no man where we found him.
- Workouts end with the Circle of Trust- giving the Q a minute or two to express his thoughts through a message, a prayer, or whatever.
YHC reminded the pax of VQ week and encouraged pax to attend coffeeteria for futher Basic Q instructions.
- New Saturday AO launch at the Fort on Baymeadows
- Sasquatch’s mother-in-law who fell and fractured her forearm for healing
- For this nation for healing, fighting a new COVID surge
- Lord’s Prayer