- When: 09/22/2022
- QIC: Wasted
- The PAX: Bloomer, Sofa, Prunetang, ToeJam, Ripper, Outhouse, Airbags, Deuce, Focker, 3 Peat
Wasted welcomed 10 other HIM’s (Bloomer, Sofa, Prunetang, ToeJam, Ripper, Outhouse, Airbags, Deuce, Focker, 3 Peat) to F3, a free, volunteer peer-led workout. Not being a professional and having no knowledge of any injuries or fitness levels, it was up to each individual to exercise safe and modify as necessary to avoid injury.
F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. F3 has 5 core principles– Free, Open to all Men, Held Outdoors, Peer-Led, end with COT. Credo: Leave no man behind, and leave no man where you found him.
“Durability is physical and emotional toughness that is fostered through deliberate exposure to Hardship and Chaos.”
Are you aware of what is and is not in your control? Your attitude is something you control, while life gets thrown at you in a variety of ways.
Warm-up: (5 mins)
- Mosey to each light pole. 18 stations all together, plus some extra. 4 simple exercises, but no Pax had control over the selection of card or corresponding exercise that was coming. Only control the Pax had was the reaction and emotions to the selected card and corresponding exercise.
- Pax performed the exercise/count that correlates to the suit
- Number card = Number count
- Face cards = 15 count
- Ace= 25 count
HEARTS = SSH’s (cardio for the heart)
DIAMONDS = Merkins (getting muscles and triceps rock hard like a diamond)
CLUBS = Squats (like you are holding the pole at the club)
SPADES = Burpees (no explanation necessary)
NameORama / no FNG’s
- Chaos is good, you will survive and in fact can learn to thrive in ambiguous or up for chance situations, which is what the cards represented for the Pax
- we increased our durability today through the game of chance, similar to life we had to endure what was thrown our way and not just be resilient, but increase strength, speed and stamina to become more durable.
Our country is in a comfort crisis. We pray lord that we not shy away from doing Hard stuff, just like our lord savior didn’t shy away from the pain and chaos of this world….let him be an example to us how we should live our lives to become more durable, and us an example to our families and communities.