SLT team members joined me on the beach for a beatdown before our meeting to discuss the future of F3 Jax. Pink Panther was on the beach early. The hard charger rucked to the AO and ran a 5 mile dolly before the beatdown. Theme for the workout was Q Point 3.1 Shared Leadership – Influence Through Combination
Warmup (each SLT member called an exercise):
- Side Straddle Hop 20 IC
- Burpees 15 OYO
- Hillbilly 20 IC
- Merkins 20 IC
- Mountain Climber 20 IC
- Don Quixote 10 IC
Shared Leadership is a conspiracy to Influence Movement to Advantage
Line up complete 4X4
- 4 burpees with 4 Merkins, 4 single count mountain climbers at bottoms. Run to far Flag (50 yards) and back. Do this 4X.
A Shared Leadership Team requires Trust, Shared Virtue and Mutual Competence between its Members
Pax inch worm to waters edge. High-plank walk feet to down dog doing 2 Carolina dry docks at the down dog and 2 Merkins at the plank. Plank for 6 at water’s edge.
Partner up for next portion of workout:
A Virtuous Leader is a Pro who Leads from the Shield Lock
- Dora – 100 Merkins, 200 LBC’s, 300 Squats. Partner runs to flag and back.
- Pax noticed the debris scattered from Tropical Storm Nicole. We couldn’t just leave it that way so in F3 Fashion, we made the beach cleanup part of the workout. We moved the debris from beach and water to dunes. Dragging the debris was tougher than expected!
- Back to traditional workout, Pax did Killer B’s – one Pax bear crawl to closer cone (25 yards) completes 10 Bonnie Blair’s (10 Each leg) and back while partner does Big Boy Sit-ups. Switch.
- Iron cross 15X, wheel barrel to closer cone, switch Pax, Iron cross 15X and wheel barrel back.
Line up in a straight line on the dune line interlocking arms singing Hey, Hey we’re the Monkees theme song! (Pink Panther had no idea what the hell we were singing LOL)
- Together, lunge walk to the surf.
- Everyone on your 6 facing the surf for flutter kicks x 20 IC. 5 surf burpees. Sprint back to the dune line.
- Repeat lunge walk line to the surf.
- Do 20 Hello Dollies IC facing the surf. 5 surf burpees and run back to circle.
- Water was cold…Pax reported shrinkage!
The universal Essentials for all SLTs are F3’s Leadership Virtues:
- Candor: graciously telling the hard Truth and demanding to hear it from others
- Commitment: unwavering loyalty to the Group and unflinching determination to accomplish its Mission
- Consistency: to be unchanging in nature, Standard or effect over time
- Contentment: stability of emotion engendered by the Consistent pursuit of Joy rather than Happiness
- Courage: setting aside fear to turn hardship into grace
“The strength of the team is each member. The strength of each member is the team.” Phil Jackson
Announcements – Christmas Party 12/9, F3 Foundation fundraiser.
Prayers – Ian and the Bailey family, Bada’s son Noah, Heisenberg’s family, career opportunities for Eileen’s son Tommy and guidance for our team as we discuss the future of our region.