9 HIMs of Fleming Island posting in the gloom at Asgard and were by a Q in the waning phases of a cold that kicked his @$$. Feeling much better, but still with just enough unwanted mucous congestion that contributes to a cough with timely production. Feeling spry, YHC treated the pax to trip to the Fleming Island theater for a double feature!
- SSH x20 IC
- Imperial Walkers x15 IC
- Reach throughs x10 IC
YHC kept the warm-o-rama brief. Just long enough to wait for any potential stragglers, but he also wanted to ensure he had plenty of time to complete his planned beatdown. With the flag in hand, we moseyed.
- Mosey to Memorial Wall for our 10-burpee salute to service, then to the Fleming Island Theater!
As the pax approached the building next to the FI theater, flashbacks of running up and down unfinished stairs raced through the minds of those who survived Bartles & Jayme’s infamous beatdown. With the building now complete, the pax suspected that there would be some elevation at this beatdown. After all, the good seats are an the back and top of the theater…
- Burp Back Mountain- YHC had to modify as finding any sort of hill or incline in this part of Clay County is like finding a unicorn.
- Partner 1 performs burpees while partner 2 runs up and down stairs then flap jack
- Continue until 100 burpees combined were achieved
- The Bear-pees
- 4 bear crawl steps, 1 burpee to the first parking lot tree
- 4 bear crawl steps, 2 burpees to the second parking lot tree; turn around
- 4 bear crawl steps, 3 burpees to the tree
- 4 bear crawl steps, 4 burpees to the start
- Mosey back to Memorial Wall for a second 10-burpee salute
To the delight of the pax, there were still plenty of time left for one more circuit. YHC was gracious and wanted to ensure that the pax got their money’s worth. Think of it as a post-credit scene:
- 4-corners (of the parking lot)- 5 burpees each corner.
All in all, pax got in around 130 burpees. YHC added 10 penalty burpees for forgetting Count and Name-O-Rama (with an assist from Friendly Fire and Sasquatch).
YHC reminded the pax that many “resolutions” are broken before Jan 19th. YHC admitted that due to his sickness, he had not even began working towards his goals until today. So according to Crypto, he has an extension to Jan 29th to see whether or not his goals fall flat or thrive. However, stating goals out loud to others who will hold you accountable, will only help you achieve those goals.
YHC took this opportunity to discuss two goals he would like to see F3 Fleming Island accomplish this year:
- Launch a new AO in Lake Asbury
- Re-start Q-Source- took too long last time, and we have new guys; looking to do these on Thursdays after the beatdown, but adding in one Saturday per month for those who cannot do Thursdays
The mission of F3 is to plant, grow and serve small men’s workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership. Thank you, brothers, for allowing me to lead you today.
- Kraken on Feb 11th
- Continued prayers for Ian and the Bailey family
- Prayers for YHC team members Mila (husband recently diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer; he is a non-smoker); and Stacey (high risk pregnancy with poor prognosis for the baby and puts her at risk for pre-eclampsia)
- Lord’s Prayer