15 pax, including 3 FNGs, rolled out the soggy field for the Nan’tan of F3 River City as he visited Asgard. In addition to Extinguisher, we had other illustrious guests come up from Gainesville as they are highly interested in bringing F3 Nation to the swamp. YHC had the Q and felt it appropriate for a second Q-school at Asgard, but this time he incorporated it into the beatdown. This was a special one for YHC as he looked to honor his uncle who passed this week.
YHC explained to the FNGs and the pax the purpose of proper counting in cadence, holding positions until recover command given, etc.
- SSH x20 IC
- Imperial Walkers x10 IC
- Hillbillies x10 IC
- LBAC forward/backwards x12 IC
- Chinooks x12 IC
- Moroccan nightclub x12 IC
- Don Quixote x10 IC
- Reach throughs x10 IC
- Squats x10 IC
- Merkins x10 IC
- Penalty Burpees 2 x 3 reps for pax incorrectly identifying order of first three core principles of F3
YHC’s uncle passed away this week. He was the oldest brother of his father. Growing up YHC always felt that his uncle was stuck in the 70’s with his haircut never changing for as long as I could remember. YHC also remembers his uncle always smiling whenever he was around. YHC could tell he was a strict father, but he loved his family. He was married twice and had 8 total kids (7 girls!). Maybe his parent’s had a premonition and named him Romeo!
Partner 1 runs, partner 2 starts exercise then flip-flop when partner 1 returns.
- R: Rock-ees- just another name for blockbees: x50
- O: Overhead presses x100
- M: Merkins x150
- E: E2K x200
- O: Overhead claps in air chair x250
Sometimes as Q, you can spread out and use different parts of your surroundings. Mosey to church parking lot.
“Romy” as he was called was born August 1, 1935 and passed away on June 7, 2023. He was 87 years old at the time of his passing.
- Run to middle Island: 8 burpees
- Far Island: 19 squats
- Middle Island: 1 Burpee
- Baseline: 35 flutter kicks
- Run to middle Island: 6 burpees
- Far Island: 20 squats
- Middle Island: 7 Burpee
- Baseline: 23 flutter kicks
Mosey back to the playground. Sometimes as Q you can also use whatever is at your disposal:
- 6-pack ladder up/down
YHC reminded all that Q doesn’t waste time as he wanted everyone to get what they paid for. With 2 minutes to spare, Q new the pax was tired. He asked that dig deep for one more exercise.
- Gasser- AYG to cone and back to baseline x2
YHC thanked the pax for allowing him to lead them in a tribute beatdown for his uncle. He was also thankful for the men from Gainesville coming up to learn more about F3 in efforts to plant another flag in Florida and continue our mission to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men to invigorate male community leadership. Final 2 core principles reviewed; FNG’s named.
- 2F event at the Farm, Saturday, June 17
- Nan’tan encouraged AOs to find local ways to serve the community on top of support for TRM
- Prayers for
- Crypto helping his ill father in Iowa
- Eileen and his wife for safe travels overseas and for participating in the Camino de Santiago
- Third Eye’s church preparing for a mission trip to Africa
- Abacus and Propane for safe travels back to Gainesville
- YHC and family following the passing of his uncle
- Lord’s Prayer
Thank you, men, for allowing me to lead today.