4 HIM of Fleming Island fought off the temptation of the fartsack, found their way to Thunderbolt Park and posted in the soggy, cold gloom. Concerned about field conditions following the amount of rain over the last 20 hours, YHC altered plans (temporarily) to have the pax sweat it out in the library parking lot. The sky Q blessed us by pausing the rain long enough to get this one in. Although the pax still weren’t dry after this one…
- SSH x20 IC
- Toy soldiers x10 IC
- Imperial walkers x10 IC
- LBAC forward/backwards x15 IC
- Moroccan night club x15 IC
- Overhead claps x10 IC
- Don Quixote x10 IC
- Squats x10 IC
- Merkins x7 IC
It’s Super Bowl weekend, and while YHC does not have a dog in the fight, he recognizes that it’s still a festive weekend. It’s almost tradition that YHC grabs a Q on Super Bowl weekend, he’s done this beatdown at two other AOs in the Jax region and decided to bring his Super Bowl Pre-Party to Asgard. Oh how the pax wish there was more defense these past few weeks.
Wild Card Weekend– Perform two exercises, one at the sidewalk about 100 yards away and one at the baseline, with the rep count equaling the score of the games on wild card weekend.
- Colts 24 (squats) Bills 27 (merkins)
- Rams 30 (Mt climbers) Seahawks 20 (Freddy Merc’s)
- Buccaneers 31 (Imperial walkers) Football Tm 23 (diamond merkins)
- Ravens 20 (shoulder taps) Titans 13 (burpees)
- Bears 9 (star-burst burpees) Saints 21 (burpees)
- Browns 48 (SSH) Steelers 37 (calf raises)
Divisional Playoffs- Same concept but exercises performed at the third light post and baseline with various methods of traversing…
- Rams 18 (prisoner squats) Packers 32 (werkins), backwards run
- Ravens 3 (HR burpees) Bills 17 (burpees), karaoke left
- Browns 17 (jump squats) Chiefs 22 (Homer to Marge), karaoke right
- Buccaneers 30 (flutter kicks) Saints 20 (plank jacks), power skip
Conference Championships– More of the same, with exercises at the first light post and baseline with bear crawls in between
- Buccaneers 31 (Smurf jacks) Packers 26 (Goof balls)
- Bills 24 (groiners) Chiefs 38 (LBCs)
Not So Special Teams- mosey to the filed for punting exercises (oh how YHC wishes we had goal posts).
- 1 pax punts ball, rest of pax attempt to catch it
- Missed catch = 5 burpees
- Pax were 1 for 4, so 15 burpees
Super Bowl Cha Cha– So what’s a party without some dancing. And since it’s the Super Bowl, we had to work on our touchdown dance. Pax essentially performed the Cha Cha Slide in plank… and it looked exactly like the video above.
The Naked Mole Skin
- After learning about the beatdown, ” Wait, one of those games had really high score.”
- At the completion of the beatdown, “We should have done the Jaguar’s schedule”
YHC encouraged the pax to pray for those that do not have faith. Life is hard enough as it is, but to go through life without faith is so much harder. YHC has a co-worker who does not have faith. She has had a rough time over the last 3 or so years- losing both her sister and father to cancer and having a troubled marriage. She appears lost, and through conversations with her, YHC believes she has little to no faith in the Lord. Without faith, hard times feel harder. Series of hard times feels hopeless. So pray for those without faith, and if you are able, try to lead one to faith.
- Kraken Feb 20th
- Roddy’s daughter searching for peer-faith community
- Crotchless’ son Ian
- Lord’s Prayer